Asked on Feb 19, 2021

How can I reduce condensation from a bathroom with no windows? ?

Jeremy HoffpauirMaura WhiteAnnie
+13

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Add a vent fan.

Change your overhead light fixture to a ceiling fan.

Put in a dehumidifier.

Place DampRid or similar product to absorb moisture.

Leave the door open as much as possible.

Add a box fan or similar in "reverse" to pull moisture out of the room when bathing/showering.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

We have the same set up as you.

What we have is an exhaust fan over the shower/tub with a light fixture in it. Also we use the DampRid bag system and they fill up fast. The ones with the desiccant on top & container on the bottom do not work too well in our bathroom, they get tipped over from time to time and no one wants to deal with the spill.

One thing that will help cut down on the condensation is to limit the time showering, the shorter the shower, the less moisture in the air.

Good suggestions from Kathy.

• You will need an exhaust fan. Most building codes require one for bathrooms without windows.

• Mogie
    Mogie

Must have an exhaust fan.

Minimum of 70 CFM fan is required in the bathroom.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! Until you can get an exhaust fan installed, I would consider a dehumidifier or a fan in the room. Good luck!

William

Exhaust fan

• Simple Nature Decor
    Simple Nature Decor

You can install a fan or dehumidifier

• Dee
    Dee

Definitely an exhaust fan, Make sure it is routed thru the roof, not into the attic.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

When you have an exhaust fan installed, go the extra small step and also get a timer, instead of having just a plain on/off electrical switch installed.

The first time that you hear that you forgot to turn the bathroom fan off, once you are already settled in bed, you will thank yourself for your decision.

Countdown timers are available in various styles and increments.

Here are some examples.

• As everyone else stated you can use a fan. If you want to reduce the condensation on the mirror or the glass shower doors, you can coat them with a product like RainX that will prevent a bit of it.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Yes an exhaust fan will be helpful to control many moisture mold issues.

• Sharon
    Sharon

I put a mini heater in mine old house bathroom, and I leave the door slightly open when showering.

• Annie
    Annie

A good bathroom vented fan will do the trick

• Maura White
    Maura White

Do you have a fan in the ceiling you can use for that? If not, you can find small dehumidifiers for the bathroom (there was one at the last airbnb I stayed - they had it on the counter of the sink and the water it collected just dripped back into the sink. I made it so towels dried so fast!

• Jeremy Hoffpauir
    Jeremy Hoffpauir
    Just now

THis dehumidifier works in my bathroom: https://amzn.to/3c1P2VZ