Transforming a Planter Into a Command Station Organizer

$15.00

I’m a huge fan of upcycling things. I love turning items that were not used into new and improved organizing products. It’s helped me use the items in a different more effective way instead of trashing them or donating the items. Today I am going to transform a planter into a Command Station Organizer. Follow along and make your own, today!

BEFORE Command Station Organizer:

Here are the before planter and the base box they were inside of. They came together for about $12.00 from Michaels. These are the paints I decided to use because they matched the liner paper.

BEFORE tray: Here is the tray that came with it.

I painted the three boxes and base box. I picked three colors.

Here is what it looked like when I finished painting all the boxes. They looked cute, but I wanted to kick it up a notch.

After the bins were dried completely, I went back and painted the boxes inside. It made it look more complete.

So, I decided to add various sizes of circles with my Cricut machine. I used a cream color vinyl and cut them out into various sizes of circles. Some of the circles were solid, and others were just a circle design. I added the circles in various locations to the front of all four bins. To cover the small staples for the manufacturer, I covered them with small circles. 

I then drilled three holes and then added the screws to them to attach the planters to the tray. I only needed three screws for this process.

Then, I added the decorative vinyl to the tray inside, but it did not fit, so I removed it, added the side pieces to the bin, and then added a center vinyl liner to cover the bottom of the tray. I added the sides first so that when I added the tray's bottom, it would look completely covered, and I would not see the blue coming through.

Here's the finished Family Command Center Organizer DIY project. Check out our post with the link below to get more details on this project.

Watch our video from YouTube for more details.

• 1 - FolkArt 4621 Minted Aqua Acrylic Paint bottle  (Micheals)
  • 1 - FolkArt 402 Light Blue Acrylic Paint bottle  (Michaels)
  • Wood Planter 3 boxes and a base box (tray)  (Michaels)

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Sabrina's Organizing