DIY Aged Vase

$15

Decor can get expensive so one of my favorite things to get from the thrift store are vases because you can make them look however you want! Just find one you like the shape/form of. Let me show you the method I used to get this aged look!

I found this vase at a thrift store for $7. I loved the shape and the double handles!

The first thing I did was spray paint using this Rustoleum chalked in the charcoal color!

I loved the look of this color!!!

I let this dry overnight before doing the next step! Now, if you haven't seen this method before, this next step may seem a little old. You're going to need to dig up some dirt and mix it with water to make mud. Weird, I know! But just trust me! I just put the dirt in a bucket, added water, and mixed!

And now, for the fun part! There's no strategy to this part, you just rub the mud on the vase until it has the coverage/look you like! Here is how mine looked after applying the mud!

I let the mud dry for a couple hours and then I used a damp paper towel to rub off some of the dried dirt in certain areas until you get the look you're going for!

That's all!! If you want to see the full tutorial, you can find it on my IG page @ouraesthetic_abode under my "Quick DIYs" highlight!

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home

• Hope
    Hope

Hi Elisha...

I like how the vase turned out...really neat! : )

Did you seal it with anything (wax maybe) after you were finished wiping the mud off..?

• Elisha
      Elisha

At the time I didn't, no! But I think it wouldn't hurt to use a polycrylic spray on it!!

• Martha Jay
    Martha Jay

Was the paint dry when you applied the mud? Did you rub it in?

• Elisha
      Elisha

Yes, the paint was dry before I did that part! :) I just rubbed it on outside with my hands!

• Ouida0508
    Ouida0508

Love the vase and the greenery in the vase. Is the greenery real? If not, where did you get it?

Thanks for sharing the vase how to. Who would have though mud, could look so elegant.

• Elisha
      Elisha

Hi there!! Thank you so much! They're actually faux and I got it from Amazon! If you go to my IG account @ouraesthetic_abode and click on the link in my bio, I have an Amazon Storefront and these are linked under "Abode Accessories" :)

• Jane
    Jane

Not sure how, over time, you would dust the object. Hummm

• Elisha
      Elisha

You could finish with a polycrylic spray!

• Sandy
    Sandy

Please tell me where you got the wall hanging behind the vase...I love it !!

thank you