How to get a scratch from a wooden picture frane?

+10

I bought a beautiful print framed in a gold wooden frame and found a small scratch on the frame. How can I get that out without have to paint the whole frame?

• Find a paint that matches and touch-up the spot with a small brush.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Feb 22, 2021

You could try the product Rub N'Buff - it comes in lots of metallic colors and you just rub it on.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Feb 22, 2021

You should be able to find a paint that matches so you can touch it up. I would check an arts and crafts store or even walmart so you can small amounts of several paints as you may have to do a little mixing to get it just right.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Feb 22, 2021

Take it with you to a craft store. You should be able to match it up. Once you find your possible match, test it on the back.

• Dee Dee on Feb 22, 2021

Rub and Buff or you can get a gold metallic magic marker. Those markers work great.

• The Redesign Habit The Redesign Habit on Feb 22, 2021

I would look for a good metallic pen to match finish. Easy touchup that way. May need to try a couple to find a good match.

• Mogie Mogie on Feb 22, 2021

I found some crayons (not the kind kids use) made for furniture repair. The kit contains several different shades. Just pick the one closest to the color of the frame and fill it in.

That is assuming the scratch is not deep and large.

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 22, 2021

Hi Carol: You should be able to touch it up with some gold paint or even gold fingernail polish if it's a shiny frame. Testors, the paint for model cars, has a wide range of colours in small bottles, you may find a match there.

Good luck

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Feb 22, 2021

If you can color match it use a paint pen

• All of the above works great. I would try a brush and the paint. Markers are tougher to control and with paint you can wipe away any that goes outside of the scratch. Someone recommended Testors paint...and we just used it to repair our countertop in the kitchen and it worked wonderfully well. Here's a peek if you wish: https://www.exquisitelyunremarkable.com/2021/02/how-to-repair-laminate-countertop-chips.html

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Feb 22, 2021

Hello. Is it a scuff or scratch?

Sometimes the Magic erasers can remove lots of scuffs.

Also frames are very easy to patch if they are scratched with some wood putty or even drywall compound and then touch up with craft paints.

In the example below I’ve transformed a thrifted gold frame into a pewter one by spray painting thrift and have put thinned acrylic washes or glazes over them creating an antique patina. You can get very adventurous with paint.

• Jeremy Hoffpauir Jeremy Hoffpauir on Feb 28, 2021

Carefully repaint the area.

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Feb 28, 2021

A gold sharpie?