How I Revamped My Daughter's Closet With Whimsical Appeal

$200
1 Week

My daughter has a HUGE closet but it was a hot mess! Clothes were everywhere and it was very unorganized. I wanted to make it functional and beautiful. Why not? I know its a closet but it can still look fabulous.

Here is the before, like I said MESS!

There were a lot of shelves on the side but their only use seemed to be random crap collection.

I started by emptying everything out and putting peel and stick wallpaper on the walls. I decided to go with flamingos!

I absolutely love peel and stick wallpaper, I have tried several different brands and was not disappointed by any. Use a squeegee to lay it flat and and exacto knife to cut around any edges.

Some people might think it's silly to wallpaper a closet but I absolutely love it! now if the doors are open you see another stunning space not a bunch of clutter.

Then I got this 8 cube shelf and 4 fabric drawers, I actually have 2 already! I find them to be the best way to hide clutter while looking adorable.

I used the top cubes for the bins where you can put clothes, toys, underwear/socks. I mean anything really that you don't want laying around. I also added the top rack shelf where I keep seasonal clothes in bins. Other then the book shelf, the rest of the shelves and bar were from the original closet.

I end up adding just two shelves on the side that lay on top of the book shelf. Since the bookshelf was short then the length of the closet this just lets me add more items that are tucked in the corners of the closet.

Can I say I love it, because I LOVE IT!

Everything Red For Canada Day
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• NikkiandPeggy Birkhead
    NikkiandPeggy Birkhead

Where are the clothes?

• Berta Lily
      Berta Lily

They're are some in the baskets and everything hanging is mostly on either side if the doors, the closet is wider then the doors and I left the "cute" dresses in the middle!

• Bonnie Woolever
    Bonnie Woolever

You spelled “closet” wrong in your title. (Don’t mean to be picky but I would want someone to tell me!)

Super cute closet! I love the wallpaper.

• HFredda
    HFredda

Berta:

Looks great! 👏