Spring Carrots for Decorating

$1

So, we had rolling power outages here in our town, just like many others in Texas. My hubs and I got really good at managing the outages. We started writing down the time when it went off and then again when it came back on. We figured out the schedule. When we needed to do something that involved electricity, we'd watch the time so we could make the most of our quick 30 minutes it was on. Preparing ahead is key! My honey bun and I made the best of the bad bad weather, no power, stuck in the house thing!

Out of sheer boredom, last Tuesday, I made these easy DIY jute twine carrots that I could use in my Spring decorating this year. I timed it just right to use my hot glue gun and have light to record my video for my "how-to" Reels on Instagram! Check it out here!

Let me show you how I made these cute carrots that didn't cost me anything because I already had everything on hand.

You will need the following items:

Cardboard, Jute Twine, Scotch tape, Hot Glue Gun and Glue, Scissors and some type of faux Greenery to use for the tops.

First of all, I made my template using cardboard and then traced a total of 5 carrots, that's how many I wanted to make.

Cut them all out. They don't need to be perfect, they're carrots after all! Haha!

At the pointed end, place the end of your twine to the tip of the cardboard and tape in place.

Now start wrapping the twine and holding it secure from the tip up.

Keep wrapping the twine all the way to the top, the wide end.

I added a line of hot glue on both sides to secure the twine in place.

Lastly, I added a line of glue on the tip of the cardboard and covered it with a small piece of twine, just to finish it off.

I used some faux greenery I had on hand for the top. I just added a line of glue to the stem of the greenery and glued it to one side.

I used my scissors to hold the stem in place while the glue cooled.

I think they turned out so cute!

I styled them in a vintage tea canister along with some egg stems. Plopped it all in a greenery candle ring and added a small nest. Tah Dah, an instant Spring Centerpiece!

18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
DeeDee

• Elaine Lopez
    Elaine Lopez

Cute idea! I think I would paint the jute orange to make it more realistic.

• Cheri Tanner
    Cheri Tanner

Ya know, if you make these again, I would suggest hot gluing the greenery to the cardboard first, then wrapping the twine around it so as to cover it up. Just sayin....

• DeeDee
      DeeDee
      6 minutes ago

Hi Cheri! Thanks for the tip. I did try that, but the twine does not lay flat and straight over the greenery and it was annoyingly ugly, so this is why I did it the way I did it. :)