Colourful Spring Wreath From Scraps

$2

A friend of mine who punch needles with wool gave me her bag of colourful yarn scraps. Normally, I use them to make her some wonderful pompom flowers (see here). This time I decided to use them to make a colourful spring wreath for my front door.

To make the wreath I also used some scrap fabric and cardboard.

And a polystyrene wreath ring, you can get these from craft stores and florists.

I started off by wrapping the yarn around the polystyrene ring.

I just added the yarn one colour at a time until the whole ring was covered.

Then using the free template on the blog I made a cute fabric birdhouse for the wreath. First I cut up the cardboard into shapes.

I added wadding.

Then the fabric scraps.

These pieces were then stitched very simply by hand to make the cutest little birdhouse. There is a free pattern and tutorial for this here.

I finished off the wreath with a bird on the top. You can find more details and photos on the blog post at the end.

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Claire at Pillarboxblue