How to Create an Easy Easter Egg Wreath

$5

At this time of year, when everything outside is still cold and wintry, I feel the need to add touches of fun color to my home’s decor, like this easy Easter egg wreath that I’m sharing today.

I love all the colors of these plastic Easter eggs. I found bags of these for a dollar a bag at the thrift store.

In this easy wreath project I’m using a bunch more.

I’ve always got a stash of wreath forms of all kinds because I never know when I’ll get the urge to create something.

For this project I’m using a $2 12″ styrofoam wreath form.

With the help of my very used hot glue gun, this project will be pretty easy to do.

The first thing I did was arrange my eggs by color, and I decided to simplify by using all the same size.

So that the wreath form isn’t visible between the plastic Easter eggs, I wanted to use something to cover it.

I didn’t have any of that Easter grass stuff, so I went into my Christmas stash and found this $1 sparkly white garland.

It has hints of pink, which I love.

I simply wrapped the garland around the wreath form, and secured it with some hot glue at the ends.

Then I glued eggs around the outside, varying the colors just in a way that I liked.

This is a project where you just wing the look as you go.

Then I went around the inside, and for the top I put the eggs at different angles to fit.

I found a bag of polka dotted eggs so of course I had to add some of those as well.

Thankfully they were the same size.

And here's my finished wreath.

Here’s a close up of it on my front door.

VARIATION: If you don’t have plastic Easter eggs you could cut egg shapes out of cardboard and paint and decorate them, and then apply them to a circle wreath shape also cut out of cardboard.

It’s so fun how the white sparkly garland peeks out all over the place.

I used white because I knew I was going to be hanging it on my aqua blue door, but you could use any color you like.

This was a pretty easy project and it only took about two hours of glorious creative distraction, and that is something we all need these days.

If you enjoyed this project you can find more Easter projects on my blog here.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Tuula - Color Me Thrifty

• Aggie
    Aggie

Do you remember about how many eggs were needed?

• Tuula - Color Me Thrifty
      Tuula - Color Me Thrifty

Hi Aggie, I just counted them on the wreath twice and the first time I got 67 and the second time I got 68. lol. So I would say around 70.

• Julie
    Julie

Very cute! Did you glue the eggs together first or did the process of gluing them to the wreath frame secure them enough?

• Tuula - Color Me Thrifty
      Tuula - Color Me Thrifty

Hi Julie, These particular eggs open with a small hinge, so when I attached them to the wreath I glued the sides that opens down. That way they will stay forever closed.

• NRgizer Bunny
    NRgizer Bunny

Very cute and of course it could have other Easter embellishments if you choose. I have some eggs with bunny faces and ears on them and they might be cute, as well. Can I ask you what paint color is on your front door. Mine is aqua, but I like your shade better...it looks a bit bluer and is more to my liking. Thanks you!!

• Tuula - Color Me Thrifty
      Tuula - Color Me Thrifty

Eggs with bunny faces would be very cute. The color is called Enchanted Evening and it's made by Beauti-tone. It is an aqua that leans more towards blue than green.