Ingredients for making homemade upholstery cleaner:
- 1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup of Blue dawn dishwashing liquid (Ultra works best for this)
- Spray Bottle
- Soft bristle brush (upholstery brush) or microfiber cloth
- Spray the surface of your upholstery where you want it to be cleaned.
- Allow solution to sit for a few minutes.
- With a brush or microfiber cloth (brush works better for stains), rub UPWARDS (Rub up towards your body instead of rubbing down into fabric, link to IG video of this can be seen in blog post )until stain is gone. Very important not to rub down or around when it comes to stains.
- Let surface dry and make sure stain is gone. Most stains are gone immediately, but anything tough or set in might need two treatments.
** I always use Dawn Ultra in these solutions, but if you don’t have any, use a good quality CONCENTRATED dish soap for this recipe. Click here to learn why I use Dawn over any other brand for homemade solutions.