Do You Have $1 and Some Baking Soda?? If so, I've Got the Perfect Idea

2 materials
$10

Do you have $1 and some baking soda?? If so, I've got the perfect idea for you. You'll be surprised!

I picked up this $1 glass vase at Dollar Tree, they have great vases if your someone like me who loves different shapes and sizes. However, I wanted to spruce this one up a bit. Have you ever heard of adding baking soda to paint to create a textured type of product. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try this. I mixed 1/2 cup of Anita's craft paint and 1/2 a cup of baking soda. I'm guessing your own preference of consistency would really be the best way to measure.

The first thing I did was use painter's tape to mark off where I wanted to paint.

Your paint will be a little thick and that's great, the idea is it won't be smooth, I applied with a foam brush. I did a total of 3 coats, applying a little more after each application had dried.

When dried I removed the tape and then glued a bit of twine to the lip on the bottom of the vase. I wrapped the twine around the bottom until I liked how thick it was.

I love the texture it gave to my vase. I picked up some really pretty greenery at Walmart and added a few stems.

It turned out perfectly. A little rustic, lots of texture. I love it! This is such a fun inexpensive trick to painting. Hope you enjoyed!

Happy Crafting!

Jill

0 views0 comments

Jill Marshall - Under A Cottonwood

Questions on this post

2  questions

Comments

5 comments
Next