Adorable Spring / Easter Bunny Garland

$5

If you have been following me for some time you will know that I love all things frugal and handmade. When it comes to home decor I am a huge believer in not spending a lot of money to achieve the look that I want. With spring just around the corner I thought it would be appropriate to share this incredibly easy garland tutorial. This would be a perfect project to do with children as it is simple and does not take too much time to complete. I think you will agree that the end result is simply adorable!

To create a bunny template fold a scrap piece of paper in half and trace out a simple bunny silhouette. To get the circles perfectly round I traced two different size cups and I freehanded the ears.

Cut out the bunny template and open the up the paper. You should end up with a perfectly symmetrical bunny. Next you want to trace out the bunny several times on to some thick paper. I chose to use scrapbook paper as I had it on hand and I though that the prints worked perfectly for the spring season. It’s important to choose a thicker paper as you don’t want the bunnies to curl up or bend once hung.

Once you have as many bunnies as you like cut out it’s time to make them even more adorable. Using some white craft glue or a glue gun stick on a cotton ball or Pom Pom to the bunnies bottom. I used generic cotton balls from the drugstore and they worked out perfectly.

To create the garland attach the bunnies to a piece of twine by using some clear tape. I found that taping the twine right below the bunnies ears allowed them to all hang straight. You can use a ruler to make sure that the bunnies are all spaced evenly apart.

Make sure you leave some extra twine on either end for hanging up your garland.

How adorable do those little bunny bottoms look?

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized