Asked on Feb 25, 2021

Window treatment ?

Agnes ChrzanowskaLibbie BAnnie
+9

Remodeled bathroom window lost the moulding around the right side of the window. New shower prevents window treatment from being centered over the window. How can we balance the look of this window? Do not want to drill into the shower tile, besides the glass door is too close to the window.

• Oh my. This is a why???? Your contractor should have suggested replacing the window the next size down to have a full window moulding. Or at least that is what I would have done. Actually I would have moved the window over a few inches.

What style are you going for? Curtains? Blinds? Film?

Or, change the moulding around the window so it all matches and would be the least expensive option. Then it wouldn't be obvious and you can decorate as you please.

Betsy

Hi Deborah: Believe me, no one is going to notice this but you :) You can put cafe curtains on the window with spring loaded rods. They pretty much self centre:) Or, if you get one wide panel, you won't have to worry about the centres meeting. Same thing with the valance, since it's not a really wide window, it shouldn't be hard to find, or make, curtains for this window.

Good luck

• Janice
    Janice

You might consider spraying a frosted glass paint onto the window or applying a decorative adhesive decal type product to coordinate with your style. These are available at most home improvement stores, on-line, or from the link below.

https://www.decorativefilm.com/

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com
    FrugalFamilyTimes.com

What about adding some of those peel and stick privacy film?

• Seth
    Seth

Deborah,

Why is the trim proud (sticking out past) of the tile at the bottom and the top? The contractor should have replaced that beveled trim with flat stock (square edges). You can replace it with flat stock of a thickness that will not stick out past the tile. That will help a lot. You can screw the window treatment hardware to the top window trim or to the wall above the trim. It does not have to go right to the edge where the tile is and it will look centered. However, that may mean buying a custom cut window treatment, which you can get at HD or Lowe's.

• Dee
    Dee

You can also use Command Hooks and attach a rod to the hooks. I would frost the window or use film. If a contractor did this I would call him back and have him fix it.

William

Someone screwed up. Like Naomie Moore suggested. Smaller window or move it over. Actually the tile should have gone around the window trim. Even shaving a little of the trim for the shower door would not be as noticeable as it is now. You can use 3M Command hooks for a curtain rod. No drilling. Suction cup hooks on the tile would also work.

• Deborah
    Deborah

I am thinking wooden blinds attached above the window, would be hard to tell that the window trim is smaller on the right side. Have thought about the peel and strip privacy film. Loved all these replies, thanks so much to everyone. Will post a photo of the results!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Add privacy film to the glass and a short valance across the top. Believe it or not, you will probably be the only one that notices or if others do, they won't care.

• Annie
    Annie

Replacing the window with a smaller one would cost a bit and it would be much cheaper to just hang a valance across the top. I agree with others here who say you would probably be the only one to notice it. And that's because you know it was done wrong :)

• Libbie B
    Libbie B

I am all about the films that offer privacy without having to worry about hanging a valance.

• Agnes Chrzanowska
    Agnes Chrzanowska

I would install nice plantation shutters inside to add some character and take an eye away from smaller trim on the right