Paper Bag Carrots DIY

$0

Turn paper lunch bags into cute paper bag carrots with this easy-to-follow step-by-step tutorial!

I’m so excited that Spring is just right around the corner!

I don’t know about you, but those long dreary winter months can make it hard to get motivated.

I’m looking forward to more colorful, warmer, and longer days.

Step 1: Cut the bottom off of a brown paper lunch bag, then cut the seam in the back so that the bag is cut in half.

Step 2: Fold the bag in half.

Step 3: Start rolling up the bag from the bottom into a cone-shape. Keep the bottom part somewhat tight and allow the top to remain a little more open.

After you get a cone shape, add a little dab of glue to hold the paper bag together.

Step 4: While the glue is drying, mix up the paint. )I used Apple Barrel paint in the color Harvest Orange.)

Pour the paint into a cup, add a little bit of water, and mix well.

Use the paint mixture to paint the paper bag carrots. Lay them aside and let them dry.

For my second carrot, I mixed a little bit of cinnamon into the paint. I’m not sure exactly how much I used, but it was enough to make the paint thick.

Step 5: Then, I used the paintbrush to dab the paint onto the bag instead of brushing it on. It made it look somewhat “chunky” and gave it that primitive look. Plus it smelled really good!

Step 6: While the paper bag carrots are drying, it’s time to make the “stems”.

Cut about 6 – 8 pieces of jute twine into 14-inch long strips. Holding all the strips together, fold them in half.

Use a smaller piece of jute to tie the strips together at the bottom.

After the paper bag carrots are completely dry, fold the top edges of the bag down inside the cone.

Step 7: Put a good amount of glue around the bottom part of the twine that is tied. Then stuff it down into the top of the cone.

Squeeze the top of the cone onto the twine to make sure the glue gets on the insides of the bag.

Now lay the paper bag carrots side by side and cut a piece of jute twine long enough to tie around them and make a bow.

Remember the bottom part of the paper bag you cut off in step one? Grab that, and cut out a small square. Use a marker to make a “price tag” for your carrots.

Glue the “price tag” to the bow tied around the carrots.

That’s it!

Now you can decorate for Spring with your DIY paper bag carrots!

They look cute in the back of my old red truck.

Or resting inside a tobacco basket!

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Michelle

• Cheri Tanner
    Cheri Tanner

A suggestion mite be to make the tops out of green jute, next time! Just sayin! Good idea, though!

• Michelle
      Michelle

That's a great idea! I bought green jute at Dollar Tree last year but I couldn't find it anywhere! LOL! Oh, the life of a craft supply hoarder.

• Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner

Holy Wow these look so real!