Updating A Builder Grade Mirror The Easy Way

$75

This project is sponsored by Mirror Chic, however, the thoughts & opinions are always my own. I only share products & companies I absolutely love with yall!

Upgrade your boring bathroom mirror the easy way with a frame kit from Mirror Chic

Mirror mirror on the wall how do I make you the fairest of them all?

Y’all we are knee deep in our latest bathroom renovation & this next project has me pumped up!

Every bathroom renovation I have done has one thing in common, the boring builder grade mirror gets a makeover & this one is no exception.

Except this time I chose to do it the easy way! I ordered a framing kit from Mirror Chic & this is absolutely my favorite mirror upgrade to date!

Supplies
  • Mirror Chic Framing Kit
  • Clean Rag
  • Measuring Tape

Procedure
  1. For this bathroom I am going with a clean neutral look with beadboard walls & a dark vanity (eventually). So I hopped onto the Mirror Chic website & ordered a couple sample frames that I thought would fit my look. They arrived super quick & I ended up going with the 2” black smoke.
  • After I picked out the perfect frame I measured the existing mirror using the Mirror Chic Measuring Guide. Basically you need to know the mirrors length, height, & distance from surrounding walls. Simply enter in the dimensions on the Mirror Chic site & they ship the frame right to your house! 
  • Once the frame arrived I laid out all the pieces on a fluffy blanket to ensure nothing would be scratched while I assembled the frame.
  • Now it’s time to get to work. I started by using the glue they provided to coat the corners of the frame. 
  • Next insert the dovetail pins into the joints.
  • TIP: If you can’t press them in you can use a hammer to gently tap them into place

• Once the frame was assembled I used a clean, dry rag to wipe off any excess glue.
  • This was the hardest part… waiting an hour for the glue to set before putting up my new frame! 

• After the longest hour of my life it was finally time to put up our fancy new frame! Start by dry fitting the frame to the mirror & getting the placement exactly how you want it. Then attach the provided corner guides to the top corners under the frame. 
  • Once the corner guides are in place remove the sticky backing to the two sided tape located on the back of the frame. 
  • Finally it’s time to install the frame! Use the corner guides to ensure the placement of your new frame is correct & press the frame into place. I gently applied pressure around the entire frame to make sure all the tape was secure on the mirror. 
  • Can y’all even believe this is the same boring builder grade mirror as before?! I think this is my fastest & easiest transformation yet! 

I am in deep love with the color & shiny finish of this frame. It completely elevated the entire bathroom.

I think it accents our new chrome fixtures really well too! 

We still have a little bit more to do until this bathroom renovation is complete but we are officially one gigantic step closer. Here’s hoping the rest of this project goes as smoothly as this mirror upgrade! 

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
    How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
    30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
    16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
    30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
    Lia with Southern Yankee DIY

• Debbie Brasher
      Debbie Brasher

Does this frame fit flat on the mirror leaving a space between the frame and wall? Where the frame will be off the wall?

• Cheryl Uhrich
      Cheryl Uhrich

My mirror is held in place by mirror clips. Don't they get in the way?

• Mary
      Mary

I've been wanting to do this for years. What would shabby chic look like? I plan to repaint my cabinets which are now white provincial. Ideas? The tub and tiles are YELLOW! Trying to find a (cheap) way around this.

• Onwingandhoof
        Onwingandhoof

It really depends on what color you're going for or what kind of theme. What are you painting the cabinets? What do you see for your mirror frame? You can build your own frame. You can use chair rail boards. These have a cut out for the rail to sit on the beadboard. I removed the builder grade mirror from my bathroom and made my own mirror using boards from a fence we torn down from the back. Just be careful removing the frame from the wall around the mirror. I suggest making sure your new frame is ready to go when the other frame is pulled. I removed my frame and didn't realize the glue would release from the wall. It shattered everywhere. Well, since that was done it was time to get the other one going!

• Ilene
      Ilene

Thank you!

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide
      Lauren of Mom Home Guide

Love how your mirror looks! I got a MirrorChic frame and love it, too! It was a super easy project with an awesome result! (I shared my project on my blog and here at Hometalk.)