Asked on Feb 26, 2021

Cleaning grout?

Deb KBecky at Flipping the FlipLindsay Aratari
+6

what do u use to clean grout

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

Here's the three main grout cleaning recipes out there. Apartment Therapy tested all of them and concluded on which one was best. I know you can also buy commercial grout cleaners as well. If your grout is pretty old you might want to consider sealing it with a grout sealant after you get it clean to its easier to keep clean in the future: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/best-diy-grout-cleaner-test-36737568

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Lysol toilet bowl cleaner in the black squirt bottle with a stiff scrub brush for bad issues.

Regular cleaning, I mop with this:

1 cup baking soda

1 cup white cleaning vinegar

1 Tbsp blue Dawn

2 gallons hot water (I boil about 1/3 of mine)

• Try this:

Mix a half cup of baking soda, 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide, and 1 tsp of dish soap. Apply to grout and let it work for 15-20 minutes. Scrub with an old toothbrush and rinse.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com
    FrugalFamilyTimes.com

You can make your own homemade grout cleaner! Mix together 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide, and 1 tsp dish soap. Apply cleaning mixture onto grout, wait 5-10 minutes, scrub and rinse.

• Dee
    Dee

This is what I use to clean grout and the entire bathroom. Cannot use on granite or marble.

Heat up 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in about 1/4 cup of Dawn Premium. Not the dollar store kind, because it is too thin. When mixed, pour into a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake. Spray down the grout and let it sit overnight. In the morning rinse. If you have stubborn stains, spray again. Use this mixture a few times a week. It will keep your grout and tiles clean. Also works wonders in the toilet bowl to keep hard water stains at bay. Oh you only have to heat the vinegar one time when you add the Dawn.

If you want to completely change the color of your grout. There is a product by Mapei called Grout Refresh. You can find it in Floor and Decor and Home Depot sells a few colors, but Amazon has many colors. It is not hard to use, just time consuming. I changed the color of my 2 bathrooms grout several years ago. It has a sealer that prevents stains, and it still looks brand new.

• Lindsay Aratari
    Lindsay Aratari

I use Young Living's Thieves cleaner

• I use peroxide and baking soda with a toothbrush or scrubber. Works like magic. Don’t use vinegar, it dissolves grout.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hello,

Saturate the grout with lemon juice, a mild disinfectant that gets rid of grout stains naturally. You can also use white vinegar for chemical-free grout cleaning. Simply pour vinegar from the bottle into the cap and pour it over the dirty grout lines.

Allow the lemon juice or vinegar to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, scrub with a small brush or old toothbrush.

Rinse the treated area and wipe dry with a towel or rag.