DIY Glam Pet Food Dish Tray

$20

This project is sponsored by Rockler, however, the thoughts & opinions are my own.

I decided it was high-time to show our furry friends some love around the house. Well, decor love. Hugs, kisses, walks and treats they get plenty of from our big family! But, for years these poor dogs have had mismatched bowls randomly put on the floor for their food and water. Bowls got kicked around, the water often spilled, and the food seemed to always be all around the bowl, but not actually in the bowl. This weekend I upgraded their serving dishes for the cost of some table legs and a simple serving tray. They love their fancy dishes and I bet your pets well too!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

IG: @kristingambaccini

FB: @PerfectlyDeStressed

Here's what I used: 

• Bamboo Serving Tray
  • Peel & Stick Wallpaper (I had some left over from a previous project, but it's fairly inexpensive to buy. Especially if you only need a small roll!) 
  • White and Gold Spray Paint 
  • Glue (I used Gorilla Glue. Just make sure you are using glue that works on wood and metal!) 
  • Rockler 6" Hairpin Table Legs 

These trays are easy to find in stores, online and a lot of times you can even find them at thrift stores!

The table legs were originally black. I wanted to paint them to better match the Peel & Stick Wallpaper I was using.

I started by spray painting the tray white. 

And I spray painted the legs gold.

Next, I measured and cut the wallpaper to fit the interior of the tray. 

After removing the backing, I slowly applied the wallpaper to the bottom of the tray (starting at one side and working my way across the base), making sure to press any trapped air bubbles out the sides with my hands. 

The final step was to attach the legs. Even though the legs came with sturdy screws, the bamboo tray is extremely thin wood. I opted to use glue in place of the screws.

I allowed the glue to dry overnight. 

That's it - it's finished! I love a quick and simple project that serves as a useful and beautiful item for my family! 

I'm not sure which is cuter. The tray or the dogs?

Nevermind, it's definitely the dogs!

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Kristin Gambaccini

• Lori
    Lori

I like it! Isn't it a bit too tall for the smaller dog?

• User
      User

He needs a tiny step (just a board he can step up onto with his front paws) and/or a lower profile bowl.

Such a cute project and cuuuuuuuuuuuute pups.

• Diane
    Diane

Well the dogs are definitely cuter🥰, but this is a really cool idea. My problem is I have 3 different size dogs. A golden retriever, a miniature pinscher, and a chihuahua.i guess the golden will have to reach down or I get a step stool for the other two. ☺️

• Karole
    Karole

yes