Flowering Branches DIY

$2

Does your home need a touch of Spring right about now??

Here’s a super-quick, super-easy way to add a fresh, Springtime vibe to your decor

And it’s really inexpensive too!

Remember the twigs and branches I used to decorate for Winter?

Well, you can transform them into flowering branches in just a few minutes:

(see how to shop your home and decorate with what you have HERE)

GET SOME INEXPENSIVE FLOWERS

I got these at the Dollar Store. They were 99 cents a stem.

REMOVE BLOSSOMS FROM STEMS

Pull the blossoms off of the stems and then remove the green plastic from the bottoms.

GLUE BLOSSOMS TO BRANCHES

Hot glue the blossoms to the branches. Be sure to place them so they look natural. Face them in different directions and put the buds toward the ends of the branches. (For the buds, you’ll need to glue the petals together at the bottom or they won’t stay closed.)

I found it worked better to squirt a small amount of hot glue onto a paper plate and dip the bottom of the blossom into it rather than to try to put the glue directly onto the flower.

So that’s all there is to it!

Just put your flowering branches into a container

And …

Chase away the Winter blues!

Extra points for you if you actually have real budding or blooming branches in your yard —

Cut some of those flowering branches and bring them inside!

In case you missed it, read HERE about another great way to bring Spring into your home

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Interior Redoux

• Leslie
    Leslie

Lovely, thank you for sharing your process. I would think we could also make cotton ball branches with cotton or even batting and making the cotton pod out of painted stiffened paper or even similar shaped artificial flower petals to attach to the balls :). I also have two of the old glass water bottles that I had made lamps out of a long time ago but took apart. I might just dig them out and try this with them. Mine are a bit darker blue.

• Lynne
    Lynne

really pretty! i might try with some of the branches that fell from my tree, and thanks for the idea.