Asked on Mar 1, 2021

Hi I bought this at a garage sale.

Chas' Crazy CreationsDeeLorriLJ
+11

I need some ideas of what I can do with this ? I am planning on putting this in my kitchen. Thanks for your help

• Cyndi Loo Dee Evans
    Cyndi Loo Dee Evans

I bought two of these to place on our porch. I put silk flowers in them (I fill the bottom with rocks). I have different flowers for different seasons. Right now the Easter flowers are in there!

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

This piece reminds me of Rae Dunn pottery, you could tie a pretty ribbon around the neck of the container that complements your kitchen decor. I would tend to a more basic approach to decorate with this rather than an overflow of flowers, but that is a preference in taste.

Also wondering what the pole is that is coming out of the top of the container? Is it removable and how tall is it?

• Deborah
      Deborah

Thank you

This is a old plunger stick that I stained. It is removable I was thinking of making it look like a milk churn. This will go on my floor. I like the idea of ribbon in lieu of flowers.

• Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree

You can use it to put some sweet silk flowers in for a touch of bright decor in your kitchen. Something like some daisies.

• Judy in Canton.
    Judy in Canton.

I am unable to tell how tall this is. If it goes on a counter top I would use it to hold my cooking utensils such as spoons, spatulas etc. If it is meant for the floor I would fill it with wheat stalks. Have fun.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

If it is large enough, you could use it to hold your mop. Or you could add decorative flowers that are tall.

If it is smaller, sit on the counter and put utensils in it.

• I would plant something in it for sure. So pretty!!

• Michelle
    Michelle

It would be interesting to plant a vine making it into a topiary!

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

Since it has no drain, planting anything alive in there would need rocks, then gravel in 1/3 of it, on the bottom.

Is the gray stick a symbolic milk churn? Is it glued in there?

In addition to the other ideas, you could convert it to a table lamp base. If interested, let us know as that’s a more complicated reason-use.

• Deborah
      Deborah

This is a old plunger stick that I stained.it is not glued in. I was thinking of making it look like a milk churn. This will go on my floor.

• Mogie
    Mogie

You could put utensils or wooden spoons in this but that depends on the size.

• LorriLJ
    LorriLJ

If you have an entrance in your kitchen it would make a great umbrella stand.

• Dee
    Dee

I put my kitchen utensils in one that looks almost exactly like yours. Makes it easy reach for things like flippers, large spoons, wooden spoons and whisks. I keep this right on my kitchen counter

• Chas' Crazy Creations
    Chas' Crazy Creations

Looks like you could make a topiary with it.