Will stained baseboards look ok with painted door casings?

+15

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Mar 03, 2021

Hi Debbie, what color are your doors? Paint and stain combos can really look fantastic together. The stain besides the paint can really make each other pop without having too much of either.

• Janice Janice on Mar 03, 2021

It really is personal preference, so I don't see why not.

• Depends on the colors. Can you share a pic so we can have an idea of what it will look like?

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 03, 2021

Hello Debbie,

As long as they are Antique Bronze or Brass!

• Mogie Mogie on Mar 03, 2021

What shades are you working with?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Mar 03, 2021

It will look especially good if the wall color is the same as the baseboard.

• Dee Dee on Mar 03, 2021

Yes, it will look good, but painted baseboards are easier to keep clean.

• Yes, it can provide a nice contrast.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Mar 03, 2021

Yes.

• Sharon Sharon on Mar 03, 2021

I like the more cohesive look, pick one stained or painted

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Mar 03, 2021

Yes, it should be ok, expect it to not be a focal point of the room.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Mar 03, 2021

Hello it might be a matter of personal preference.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Mar 04, 2021

When I married my husband, that is the way the master bedroom was done. It was "OK" but I never cared much for it so I've been in the process of priming and painting the baseboards. I've gotten 1/2 primed (so many more important projects) and although he liked it before, he likes it much better now that they are getting painted.

That said, if you like it then go with it. You can always paint them later.

• Deb K Deb K on Mar 04, 2021

Hi Debbie, sure! That will be fine! Painting all window and door trim, crown molding and baseboards the same color provides consistency, but is not a rule. Similarly, door casings and doors don't have to match. Having a light casing and baseboard contrast a dark door achieves a very modern look.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Mar 04, 2021

if this is your preference then sure it will be fine but remember stained baseboards and doors make the room appear darker and show more dust on the baseboards

• Annie Annie on Mar 05, 2021

Depending on the colors.and other tones you have going on it the space. perhaps post a couple pics...

• Betsy Betsy on Mar 05, 2021

Hi Debbie: Don't see why not. Actually, I have painted baseboards and a stained door:) I like the look. I think your way will look nice too.

• If it’s a look you love, you should absolutely do it. There are no rules and your home should make you happy.