Make Concrete Tiles Yourself – Housewarming Gift

$30

Today I have another nice DIY gift idea for you. A housewarming gift! I’ll show you how you can make beautiful decorative concrete tiles yourself. This is perfect for gifts of money around the topic of home & hardware stores.

Things You Need
  • Form square
  • Template/insert for the form
  • Creative concrete
  • Oil and brush
  • Bowl to mix
  • Chalk paint for painting

This is how it’s done – make concrete tiles yourself as a housewarming gift

Pour concrete tiles

The concrete tiles are made very easily. To do this, put the template you want in the mold (be careful – be sure to check which side you want to choose!) And coat everything thinly with oil. This way, the shape can be easily removed later. Then touch the creative concrete. This is really useful for this project, by the way, because it has a lot of small details. By the way, I always use old ice cream packaging or something similar to mix. You can then simply dispose of them later.

Follow the instructions on the packaging for the concrete / water ratio. By the way, most of the forms say how many grams they hold. So you also know how much concrete you have to touch. Then put the concrete in the mold and tap it gently on the floor a few times so that no bubbles form.

Paint concrete tiles

Then let the tiles dry completely. I always follow the instructions on the pack and sometimes even add an extra night. After you have removed the tiles from the mold, you should leave them for a few more hours so that the oil can also pull away. Then you can carefully paint over it with a brush with chalk paint so that the details are nicely visible.

Decorate gift

To give away the tiles, I put them on a nice knitted dishcloth and wrapped them with thread. I put dried flowers behind it and attached a stamped label. Incidentally, I designed the stamp myself. You can then use it to create your own design from many templates online in the configurator. Then simply stamp on finished labels and you have individual tags.

If you want to give away money or a DIY store voucher, you can either hide it on the back of the tile or fold it nicely and stick it between the dried flowers.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Leticia Saunders

• Carol Sawyer Philbeck
    Carol Sawyer Philbeck

Where do you get form and insert?

• Jessedean
    Jessedean

What type of cement mix do you use and what kind of oil?

• Alison
    Alison

where do you purchase "creative concrete?" I've looked this up on Amazon, but there's nothing like it there. Perhaps another name for it? thanks!

• Anna Magnani
    Anna Magnani

Hi from Italy, I would like to know where to find to stencils please.

• Mandy Brown
    Mandy Brown

These are very pretty! I make items from concrete as well and you can use silicone bowls to mix your concrete in. Once the leftover is all dried it will pop right out or you can squeeze the bowl and break it up and dump it out. You can also use Vaseline (petroleum jelly) to lightly coat your forms. It makes a great release. I’ll purchase items from the dollar store or anywhere I see an interesting shape and use them as forms.