What are these decorations made of??

+20

Hello there - A friend of mine brought these over for me because they match with my living room, but I have no idea what to do with them. Can you give me some ideas please?

q what are these decorations made of
q what are these decorations made of
  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Mar 09, 2021

Since the size is unknown, not sure if you can put on a shelf. Seems large, perhaps hang it like in a macrame hanger.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Mar 09, 2021

Wow that’s a pretty amazing textured item. It almost looks like layered wheat to me.

• Maria Fimbrez Maria Fimbrez on Mar 10, 2021

Yes I think that's exactly what it is and I say there about four by four inches and I just put them in a wicker bowl and it looks okay but I want to add some color

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Mar 10, 2021

They look like some kind of plant based sphere, maybe put them on a ledge of coffee table, they make a great conversation piece.

Maybe you could open 1 end to see if they are hollow, if they are, you could set them on a flameless tea light.

• Feathers? I would hang them on a

wall

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Mar 10, 2021

Hi Maria, I'm not sure how many you have and how big or small they are, but you could hang them from the roof at different heights to create a statement in a corner.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Mar 10, 2021

It looks like they’re made of some sort of grass. Maybe you could display them together in a bowl? Of individually in little urns?

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Mar 10, 2021

They look like wheat heads.

• Janice Janice on Mar 10, 2021

Can you tell us if they are round or slightly flat and what size they are? Also, how many of them did your friend give you? They look like they are made from harvested wheat.

If they are rather flat and you have several, you could arrange them in an attractive wall disply. I would not paint them.

• William William on Mar 10, 2021

Don't know their size. Look like some kind of seed pod. A bunch of them in a basket would look good. Maybe with some fake greenery. You can do a Google search for "seed pod"

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 10, 2021

Hello there, These look as though they are made from Corn!

• Deb K Deb K on Mar 10, 2021

Hello, they look quite large almost like a dried cactus, but are likely a form of grass seed or cereal plant, so you could likely display them on the floor with a galvanized tub with more dried items in it. Something like the picture and the balls beside it.

Okay yeah they're about 4x4 so they're not very big and they actually match my living room a perfectly but I just don't know what to do with them for now I put them in a wicker basket and they look okay

• Flipturn Flipturn on Mar 11, 2021

Could be woven barley stalks.......

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Mar 11, 2021

You can place it on the fireplace or in a bowl with other items as a centerpiece.

• Betsy Betsy on Mar 11, 2021

Hi Maria: It looks like wheat sprays stuck into a corncob. :) If you want to colour the individual sprays, you can dip them into a jar with water and food colouring. Very cute:)

Good luck

• Elliebgood Elliebgood on Mar 11, 2021

Hello Maria,

They sure look interesting. I think I’d try and collect some seed and try and grow whatever it is just to know for sure.

It looks to me like someone took wheat sheaths and glued them onto possibly a styrofoam sphere as a decoration.

• Em Em on Mar 13, 2021

Sit on top of vase and put on mantle.

• Sharon Sharon on Mar 13, 2021

Wheat is also a cultural symbol.... the staff of life, wheat is a long-standing symbol of fertility, bounty and resurrection given as gifts in the form of sprays usually hung on the wall. I have gotten flat baskets, and gathered wheat and other dried herbs, seed pods to make wall decorations as gifts. Use wire or hot glue to fasten to the baskets. https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk022UI-Grr7P4n7aTr_heeqx69yJuw:1615674038816&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=pictures+of+dried+wheat+arrangements+on+the+wall&client=opera&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjA4J_ppq7vAhWM4J4KHcxLAoYQjJkEegQIAxAB&biw=1326&bih=627

• Maura White Maura White on Mar 13, 2021

Looks like milkweed pods to me - but maybe I don't have a good perspective on the size.

• Simple Nature Decor Simple Nature Decor on Mar 13, 2021

What are the made from

• Annie Annie on Mar 15, 2021

Im really not sure what it is??

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Mar 31, 2021

how gorgeous !!!