DIY Spring Hydrangea Wreath

$20

Make this easy hydrangea spring wreath to really brighten up your space after a long gray winter.

This wreath is super easy to make and only takes about an hour total. Here are the supplies: (aff. link) a foam wreath base, (aff. link) faux hydrangea flowers, mesh ribbon, and wire-ribbed ribbon.

Wrap the base with the mesh ribbon.

Cut the hydrangeas from the stems using wire cutters.

Then poke the bunches of flowers and leaves into the foam frame, through the mesh ribbon. (I used a nail to poke starter holes for the stems) Fluff up the flowers and leaves so there are no gaps showing.

Here's what it looks like after all of the flowers and leaves have been added. You can still see a bit of the blue mesh ribbon (which I think adds a nice touch), but you see mostly flowers!

Create a bow from the wire-ribbed ribbon. Add streamers to the bow, too. Attach it to the base of the wreath. See my post on the step-by-step tutorial on how to make this bow.

Attach another long piece of wired ribbon with a thumbtack to the top of the wreath for hanging.

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Perfectly Round Tables
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Pam Hoepner

• Joan
    Joan

I am not clear on just how many Hydrangea flowers you used.

• Pam Hoepner
      Pam Hoepner

About 24 total. I bought 2 big stems of each color (pink, blue, and green) and then snipped them apart into smaller bunches. It will just depend on what flowers you purchase.

• Penelope Evjenth Worsham
    Penelope Evjenth Worsham

That’s beautiful, so lovely.

• Nancy
    Nancy

Very pretty. Is there an assembly reason for wrapping the frame with mesh ribbon or just for looks?

• Pam Hoepner
      Pam Hoepner

I didn’t want any of the white foam to show, especially when the wreath is hung higher than eye level.