How To Quickly And Easily Clean Your Trash Cans
- Start by removing trash bags and any stray trash from inside the cans.
- Bring all your indoor trash cans into the bathroom and sit them in the shower.
- Get the water warm (but not hot). While it’s warming up, add some dish soap to the bottom of each can.
- Fill the can about 1/3 of the way full with warm water. It will become very sudsy.
- Let the water and soap sit in a plastic lined can for 15 minutes, and a stainless steel interior can for 5 minutes.
- After the trash cans have soaked, scrub the inside using a tub cleaning brush or sponge. Dump out the water inside.
- Wash the exterior of the can with a sponge or rag. (If your trash can’s exterior is stainless steel, use a microfiber cloth so you don’t scratch it.)
- Rinse the can using the handheld shower head (If you have one. If not, fill a large cup with water from the faucet to rinse)
- Turn the cans upside down in the shower and let them air dry. (If your can’s exterior is stainless steel, dry the outside with a microfiber cloth immediately)