Shiplap Wall Makeover

$350
1 Week

I’ve been debating for a long time on putting shiplap on our living room window wall. We finally decided to go for it and I’m so happy we did!

I’m in love with how fresh and bright it is and it just looks right!

Here is the before picture, boring and in need of a makeover!

While my husband measured the planks and attached them to the wall I started painting the fireplace. I used a color called Elephant skin by behr.

Once the mantle was finished I started on the hearth and surround. I did a bit of research on painting the granite and found that using latex paint was just fine. I don’t actually use the fire so it’s absolutely fine! I changed my mind on painting the hearth as I thought it looked too much, so I used a scraper to remove the paint, then cleaned it up.

Once painted, I used a stencil which reminds me of Spanish tile. I used a black latex paint for that. I started in the middle, after measuring, then worked my way outward. It’s not perfect, it that’s what I love about it.

it took some time to do, but I’m loving it so far! This stencil is from the Dollar tree! I bought it for a small project and while looking for a stencil online I just remembered I had it and it was perfect!

Make sure you don’t put too much paint on your brush because it’ll bleed through the stencil.

It’s coming together!

It definitely took time with all the measuring of the planks, but was so worth it!

Here is the finished look! I also changed the curtain rods to black to match the stencil, then bought some fresh white window treatments. It’s just lovely and fresh, especially now that the weather is getting nicer, it just makes it even better.

What a difference! Everything just works well together now!

I love waking up to this.

I was worried that it would clash with our existing wall with the board and batten, but I really love how it looks!

I painted this little cabinet white just to keep it fresh and I also put a light gray stencil on top to add a little detail and interest.

Here is a close up of the mantle.

Although there’s not much color, I try to use a lot of textures and patterns to add interest.

I’m loving the natural overall look!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope I’ve inspired you to do something different! Have a great week and happy decorating!

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes

• Cindy Patrice
    Cindy Patrice

It looks beautiful, so much brighter. Great job!

• J
    J

I love it, love it, love it! I can see where you might have had reservations regarding whether it would go with your batten but I love the pictures from every angle. I've always wanted to try both shiplap and batten but haven't until seeing your photos. It turned out soooo nice. Keep up the inspiration!