Asked on Mar 19, 2021

How to get rid of hair that dog is is shedding?

Lifestyles HomesDeb KLibbie B
+8

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi Sweetie,

Vac it up and Bin it, or find a Spinner of wool, They might want it to spin with. My sister had an Old English Sheepdog and used to spin yard.

• Take the dog outside for a good brushing. They make special gloves for removing shedding hair from dogs too! Inside, the vacuum is your best friend!

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. I have heard nothing but good reports from the use of the FURminator pet brush. Have you looked into that?

Perhaps looking at the reviews and Q&A’s here might be helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=furminator+for+dogs&crid=3HJK4CJR8BS7&sprefix=Furm%2Caps%2C174&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_4

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Your vacuum is your best friend for floors, on the upholstered furniture use vinyl gloves. Take the dog out side and give it a good brushing , that will remove lots of excess hair and keep matting to a minimum. Check with a pet store (or a vet) to find out what kind of bristle brush would work best for your dog.

• Janice
    Janice

To remove pet hair from upholstered pieces, a damp sponge works well. Just rub the sponge across the furniture, you'll be amazed at how much it picks up. Remove the damp hair from the sponge and repeat. Vacuuming with the upholstery brush works well too, but for a quick clean up the sponge is great and on clothing too.

• Sharon
    Sharon

If you have the type of dog with a dense undercoat, you need a special brush to remove it..... as a former dog trainer, handler and groomer I swear by the Furminator. I used it on GSDs, Great Pyranee, Golden Retrievers, Siberians etc. I do this outside, lay the dog down, and have a plastic bag handy. They also make various types of vacuums specifically for pet hair. On hardwoods, I use a static cloth (Dollar Tree orange package) on a swiffer to grab the hair and pine needles. On furniture I like the Velcro clothes brush and the silicon clothes roller you can just rinse off.

• Brush, brush, brush and then I use a sticky roller and the vacuum around the house, almost every day.

• Lindsay Aratari
    Lindsay Aratari

Brush it and then vacuum

• Libbie B
    Libbie B

Move?? LOL. Seriously a daily brushing is your best bet. Gotta love our four legged friends!

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Sweetie, brush your dog daily and bag the fur you remove from your furry friend, it can be used for a lot of purposes,

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/lifestyle/things-you-can-do-with-dog-fur/

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

For being stuck on napped upholstery, I take wide tape (can be packing, or painters or masking) and make an adhesive-side-out loop that fits around all 4 fingers.

Then I use it as a “blotter” and the hair is stuck on the tape.

Rotate the tape loop to the other “sides” until it’s full of hair.

Throw in trash & make a new one.