Wall Hanging/table Runner

$0

I love to do projects that cost next to nothing and use items I already have on hand. This project is so versatile and can be tailored to whatever taste or style you have in your home.

I really like it either way. But what a great way to fill an empty wall. I happened to have this woodland stencil on hand from a previous project but you could certainly use any stencil that fits your style.

I started with a piece of drop cloth. If you don’t have drop clothes on hand you’re missing out. They can be used for so many projects!! I used chalk paint. I’ve made pillow covers using this method before and the paint may fade slightly after many washings but it really holds up.

I didn’t see the edges of my fabric but you certainly could if you wanted a neater look. I first taped the two sides down so that my stencil didn’t slip.

When stenciling fabric you want to load your brush a little more than you would for a non porous surface as is soaks in quickly.

The stenciling goes quickly and in my opinion is very satisfying.

Once I finished stenciling all the way down I realized that I wanted to fill the whole thing in

Once dry I sewed a small piece of fabric on the back side so that I could slip a dowel through it when I want to use it as a wall hanging.

I think for now I’ll use it as a table runner. Just think of all the possibilities... stencil style, paint colors, fabric shape... I hope you enjoyed this project.

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters