A Quick Nightstand Flip

$75

I found two of these night stands on my local Facebook marketplace and even though they were in rough shape, I decided to get them because it's hard to find a matching pair!

Before

So as I always do I tool off the hardware cleaned the furniture and started sanding it down. I went ahead with 120,220, 320 sand paper grit

After sanding

I wanted to try a dark paint and light white washed wood combination and these night stands were the perfect piece to experiment with that combination. I diluted white paint and used it as a stain on the drawers and the top of the night stands. For the accent color I chose sherwin williams' 2021 color of the year called urbane bronze. It's a lovely color that shows up a brownish greenish charcoal color.

I use a foam roller to apply paint and here I made a mistake....

It happens to the best of us. So it that happens to you what you need to do is wait till the paint fully dry. Do not try to wipe it off! Once it's fully dry you take 220 grit sandpaper and sand down the paint sandpaper is your eraser! Then of course you need to reapply your stain. In my case the white wash. Once everything dried I applied a polycrilyc clear coat.

I added new brass hardware and voila! They are good as new! From ugly 80's oak furniture to something light and modern.

If you like this transformation and would like to follow in real time follow my Instagram account @andreapalmai

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration

• Jenny
    Jenny

I usually deplore covering up wood grain, but this has to be the exception. They are beautiful and very smart. Well done and thanks for sharing.

• Patty
    Patty

Looks very nice. Love the colors