Bee Kind Signs DIY

8 materials
$2

A cute addition for your garden or yard and so simple with fence pickets!

All it cost me was my fence picket which I cut the 3 pieces out of one picket so this was a cheap project.

bee kind signs diy, Gather supplies
Gather supplies

All you'll need is a few fence pickets and paint. You can hand paint your wording or if you have a Cricut machine...make your stencils!

bee kind signs diy, Paint and let dry
Paint and let dry

Paint the fence pickets a nice bright yellow and let them dry. I use fence pickets because they're treated for outdoor use and acrylic paints because it seems to hold up well outdoors.

bee kind signs diy, Apply stencils
Apply stencils

Put your Cricut stencil pieces on the boards and press well to apply. I got a roller and really like how it presses the stencil onto the pickets yet comes off easily. You can also purchase stencils or hand letter.

I decided to make the bees wings white, then later outlined them using a black sharpie marker.

A cosmetic wedge works best to apply the black acrylic paint with a light dabbing technique.

bee kind signs diy, Remove stencil
Remove stencil

Remove the stencil if you used one and head outdoors....

bee kind signs diy, Attach to a tree or stake
Attach to a tree or stake

Once they are dry you can attach to a tree or to a stake in the ground with a few screws. I usually give them a spray with clear spray paint to help them last longer.

This is so cute and goes well with my other bee projects I've done lately like these tin can bees!

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next