You can see the wall behind the vanity is where I decided to put the Rustix wood wall boards. I chose the color beachwood because I felt like it would blend with the room and accent the space well.
A few things to note about Rustix wall board installation before we begin;
- Once you receive your Rustix wood boards let them sit inside for about 72 hours to acclimate to the climate. This is standard practice before installing any wood product in a home.
- You can use a construction adhesive, a nail gun or both to install the boards. I’m only using a nail gun.
- Trim the edges of a board if it’s not totally square.
- Check the link above for more wall board installation instructions before you begin.
How to install Rustix wood boards
1.Remove everything from the wall. Removing the light fixture is ideal but not necessary. As you can see I was not able to remove mine.
2. Decide where to begin the installation. I decided to install the boards at the top first. Our ceilings are only 8′ tall so you definitely see them when you walk in the room.
3. Place a wood board at the top right corner. Once the board is placed, make sure the board is level and then attach the board to the wall with a nail gun. I angled the gun to the right for one nail and then to the left for another nail. Then I put at least 1 to 2 other nails straight into the board.
Angling the nails in opposite directions makes it harder for them to work their way out of the wall in comparison to nailing them straight into the wall. This was important because I chose not to use construction adhesive.