Easy Wallpaper Vases

$0

With this project, you can turn any tin can, Mason Jar, or plastic bottle into a vase. I often use these items to make planters and vases, you should check out my beautiful Marimekko tin can planter display.

This project costs almost nothing and only takes 10 minutes to make.

All you need is to decide what vessel you want to use to hold the water for your vase, this can be a jar or tin can. Or you can even just cut a soda bottle in half and use that.

You will also need some scrap wallpaper pieces. If you don't have any you can often pick up samples for free from your home store.

You will need to draw out a vase shape on paper, or you can print mine out for free from my site (link at the end). My vase template is designed to fit around the average-sized Mason jar or tin can.

Draw around the template and then cut out two vase shapes.

The two vase shapes should be identical in size.

Place the vase shapes wrong sides together and then stitch up each side.

If you have never stitched on paper on the sewing machine you should give it ago. It is so easy, I actually prefer stitching paper to fabric. On the blog post, I have a collection of tips for sewing paper.

I like to use a thread that will show up on the paper.

If you don't have a sewing machine you can try gluing the wallpaper pieces together along the edges instead.

Then you just need to open the bottom of the vase and pop it over a jar, tin can, or bottle.

Then all is left to do is add flowers.

As you can see I got a bit carried away and made quite a few of these paper vases. I had a lot of wallpaper samples and as they were so quick to make I just had to make them.

I also have a tutorial for 5-minute Moroccan planters made from tiles.

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Linda Steen
    Linda Steen

Could you use wrapping paper or cardstock to do this? I have so much of both those that I am at a loss on how to use them up.

• Kristi Custer
    Kristi Custer

Do you think that you could use left over quilting material?

• Lois Paulo
    Lois Paulo

where can I find the template for the vase you mentioned above?

• Crystal Melancon
      Crystal Melancon

If you click on the link above to her blog, there is a link there to download the free template. Happy crafting!