How To Decoupage Easter Eggs -(Delft Blue And White Eggs)

4 materials
$10

Make beautiful Easter Eggs with this fun craft technique. Use paper tissue in your favorite color and design and create pretty eggs for your table or Easter decor.

I am in a blue and white kinda mood. And when you are from the Netherlands than Delft Blue China comes to mind. I decided on one more Easter craft for this year. I ventured into the world of decoupage and find out if I could master a new craft technique. See for yourself, did I succeed?

To decoupage Easter eggs with tissue paper you only need a few materials: eggs (real blown out eggs, or plastic fake eggs), napkins with a pretty design, ModPodge, a small craft brush and small scissors.

The steps for making Easter eggs out of tissue paper are easy:

I used two kind of eggs (because I had them) both turned out the same. I had a set of plastic craft eggs from the craft store and I had a couple of real eggs that had been blown out. Since the end result was the same, and I can’t tell anymore which was which, I would advice buying cheap fake eggs, because they can’t break. They have to be white though. Because that one layer of napkin is so thin it won’t cover any color.

Step 1. Separate your napkin and only use the very top layer with the pretty design

Step 2. Cut out the shapes from your napkins.

Step 3.

Prepare a non-sticky area where your eggs can dry.

Apply a thin layer of ModPodge on an area of your egg

Carefully place your piece of tissue paper

Smooth it out with your brush and a little bit more ModPodge

Work on one small area at a time, and let dry

If you are looking for more Easter Egg Decorating Ideas you might like the collection of over 50+ beautiful DIY Easter Eggs I put together.

Step 4.

Repeat until your egg is covered

I decoupaged all my eggs over the course of a day. I also got two loads of laundry done, cleaned my floors, went grocery shopping and cooked soup. All in all a productive kind of craft. 😃

More Decoupage Tips and Tricks

You can find more tips, guidelines and my workflow for creating these pretty Easter eggs in my How to Decoupage Easter Eggs post on my blog (Look for the link to the post at the bottom next to my profile picture).

Decorating with White and Blue Easter Eggs

When you have beautifully decorated Easter eggs then it isn’t hard to come up with some pretty uses for them.

These blue and white Easter Eggs will look so pretty on my Easter Table. They match my DIY Stamped Easter Napkins perfectly.

Marianne Songbird

Questions on this post

2  questions

Comments

13 comments
Next