Creating a Rustic Spring Basket

$30

Along with spring comes color!

Beautiful flowers! Green Grass! Blue Skys…

I was inspired by nature to create this rustic basket made with dried grasses and florals.

I plan on filling it with Easter goodies and reuse it with a flowering potted plant for our patio.

If you have extra wicker baskets or want to up-cycle an Easter basket, follow along with this easy tutorial perfect for your spring decor.

Supplies – Here are some of the supplies I used but they can be substituted with what inspires you!

• Basket – Up-cycle a basket or thrift store.
  • Floral Moss – Spanish Moss
  • Super Moss – Variety of different moss
  • Eucalyptus
  • Curly Branches
  • Floral Pins
  • Shredded Raffia
  • Ribbon
  • Hot Glue Gun – low temp

Once you have your basket picked out, start gluing the floral moss onto the sides. I used low-temperature glue because you will definitely get glue on your fingers.

You may find it helpful to use floral pins after the hot glue has been applied to the basket to hold the moss in place until the glue dries.

After the moss is in place…trim it with scissors evenly around the basket.

I then used the bag of special moss (which is just a variety of different mosses) and placed them around the basket’s rim to give it dimension and color.

This next part is a little tricky, and the floral pins will definitely come in handy. I placed the eucalyptus branch around the handle of the basket. I used the floral pins to hold it in place and then went back and hot glued it. Be really careful, as I did hot glue on my fingers!

Another way to attach the florals is to use floral wire to hold the branches and eucalyptus onto the handle.

Continue to add moss and branches to the handle until you reach the desired look you are wanting. I found the curly branches were easier to use than thicker branches.

I added a ribbon to the top with floral wire so I could easily remove it.

If you are using it for Easter, I added shredded raffia…

Here is the completed look…

Here is the bow removed and added tulips to display on the patio.

I would love to see pictures of your rustic spring basket! If you have any questions leave me a comment….

Thanks,

Karen

Disclaimer: I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you purchase via the link. The price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link

• 0
  • 0

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Karen Velinsky

• Marie Shaw
    Marie Shaw

Does this live if watered? Can it be used for a planter?

• Karen Velinsky
      Karen Velinsky

The florals I used are dried, so they will stay nice without watering. I put the tulips in a separate jar of water into the basket. I didn't want to ruin the basket, or you could put a potted flower into the basket and take it out to water. Does this answer your question?

Karen

• Linda Wells
    Linda Wells

Really pretty. You had a good idea and did a great job. I’m going to copy it.

• Karen Velinsky
    Karen Velinsky

Thanks Linda! I am glad your going to make it! I alway enjoy inspiring other people..