I have two chair-height Glacier Bay toilets and like them just fine.

+17

However, I've replaced the seats on each because they slip and slide and won't stay in place. If I buy more expensive seats, will that fix the problem? Or is there something I can do to remedy the ones I have? I tighten them all the time, so maybe I'm just not tightening them enough or is there another solution?

q i have two chair height glacier bay toilets and like them just fine
  • FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Mar 24, 2021

They always come loose! It's so frustrating. Adding a rubber washer to the toilet seat bolt may help to keep it in place longer. :)

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Mar 24, 2021

Rubber washers are a great idea but replacing would help too! I would start with the rubber washers to avoid buying new initially

• Dee Dee on Mar 24, 2021

I replaced mine and it did no good. I find one side is very hard to tighten from underneath. I finally put a thick rubber washer and it seems to be holding.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Mar 24, 2021

Get the one that costs a little more and have the large hardware. I did that and it fixed the slip & slide issue.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Mar 24, 2021

we used a rubber washer and it stopped the sliding

• Betsy Betsy on Mar 24, 2021

Hi Louise: I have found myself looking in another direction on several occasions:) I also used the rubber washers, but don't tighten them too tight or you may crack your toilet. Another thing I did was to get thick rubber washers and glued them onto the bottom of the seat, making them the same, or a little higher, than those bumpers that are already there, so that they will grab. You may have to use a few, or maybe you can find something else you can glue on. Heck, I bet you can even use a couple of those rubber pencil erasers! I now sit straight and no more skidding around :)

• William William on Mar 24, 2021

Could be the bolts are worn. They are plastic. Try the rubber washer idea. If that doesn't work replace the bolts.

• Louise Louise on Mar 25, 2021

The rubber washers go on the bottom, right?

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Mar 25, 2021

Hold the bottom bolt and hold the screw at the same time and turn the screw only till tight enough by hand

• Louise Louise on Mar 29, 2021

I've done that many times. The seats still wiggle. I'm going to try the rubber washers and see what happens.

• Annie Annie on Mar 27, 2021

Replace the plastic fasteners with stainless steel washers and nuts. You will be able to get them much tighter

• Maura White Maura White on Mar 28, 2021

If you have to tighten them all the time, then that means they get loose all of the time. It sounds like they may not be the perfect fit or the hardware just isn't doing its job. I'd try a new seat and be sure to get the exact measurement.

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Mar 29, 2021

Maybe try replacing the fasteners

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 31, 2021

Hi,

You can either buy brackets that fit to wooden toilet seats to keep them in place or buy new seat with Rubber seat stays and not the plastic ones.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Mar 31, 2021

contact GLacier Bay online and ask them what they suggest so you don't have to keep replacing the toilet seats

HELLO AGAIN,

It is the "STAYS" that are Rubber, NOT the Toilet seat. Stays are the cushion things between the toilet seat and the Toilet.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Mar 31, 2021

Rubber washer for sure will help