Make a Lavender Wreath

3 materials
$20

A wreath of lavender is a wonderful way to greet guests or just to greet yourself when you come home.

I would love to have you stop by my blog , Celebrate & Decorate for more details as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

This one actually has faux lavender and faux heather combined to give it a woodsy look.

Begin with a 20″ grapevine wreath.

I selected several bunches of faux lavender and heather from Michaels.

Bend the stems of the bushes apart to get ready to cut them with wire cutters.

Cut each individual stem apart as shown above.

Take each individual stem and bend it so it is shaped like the wreath form.

This is the easy way you can build the entire wreath! All you need to do is stick the stem in between the grapevines. Stick it in so it is secure. If you cannot get a stem to be secure, you can use a short piece of a pipe cleaner wrapped around the stem and a piece of the grapevine to secure it. Another alternative is to use some hot glue to secure it.

Continue to add your stems all around your wreath as shown above.

The beauty of creating something like this yourself is that you get to customize it however you want. I was thinking that this looked beautiful with all white.

I decided it looked so nice, I needed to take a photo of it on the front door! But…it was time to continue working on the original concept!

Add the lavender the same way you added the white, working all the way around the wreath. That is all you need to do to make this simple and elegant wreath. You can use this same technique for any faux florals with stiff stems using a grapevine wreath as your wreath form. Have fun and get creative using the blooms and colors you choose, or use lavender like I did!

• Grapevine wreath   (Amazon)
  • Faux flowers   (Michaels)
Chloe Crabtree

Questions on this post

2  questions

Comments

8 comments
Next