Framed Shiplap Wall Decor

$30

We recently completed a mini powder room makeover on a very small budget. I was so happy with how everything turned out except for the area above the toilet. I was playing around with the idea of adding shelves, but quickly decided against that for two reasons. One, was that I didn’t want to spend any money on purchasing shelves and items to decorate those shelves with. Two, I wanted something simple that would not be fussy and would always look good.

This brought me to the idea of hanging a wreath above the toilet. I tried that and it looked a bit lost hanging all on its own. After doing some scrolling I was inspired by a picture of some shiplap that had been framed. I thought this was so perfect as I already had the shiplap from a previous project!

I absolutely love how this piece turned out, and what I love even more is that I was able to be creative and use what I already had to decorate my space.

The first thing you want to do is determine how big you want your frame to be. Cut the shiplap boards accordingly and nail directly to the wall using a nail gun.

Next, measure the outside edges of the shiplap and cut a piece of 1x2 to size. Mitre the corners for a more polished look.

You can leave the frame as is. We decided to add an additional frame to the inside. Not only does this neaten up the edges it also make the frame a bit more substantial looking which is what I was going for.

Here is the frame all finished up. You can nail the pieces of trim directly to the wall/ shiplap, however what my husband did was build the frame separately so it was easier to stain/ paint.

Next I painted the shiplap white, stained and sealed the frame.

Add the frame back to the shiplap and secure it in place with a few nails.

Hang a wreath in the middle and you are done!

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

Love this idea. Would never have thought to do something so simple yet so nice to the toilet area of the bathroom. The wreath idea or a pretty picture would also look nice. GREAT JOB.

• Mary Dodge
    Mary Dodge

Love this! Will be so easy for you to change up seasonal decorations. You've got my creative wheels turning!