Rope Vases

$2

Turn a Kevita glass bottle into a boho vase using jute/ rope and a glue gun.

Kevita drink brown glass bottle

Begin by rinsing and washing out the inside of your Kevita bottle. Avoid using the dishwasher for this step as you will want to use the residue glue that’s under the label to help hold your jute rope in place. After its clean, Begin to lift the corner of the bottle’s label and peel it off. The label comes off in pretty much one solid piece.

Peel off label, then you glue on rope

The wonderful part about these drink bottles is that after you peel off the label, you can actually use the residual glue instead of trying to figure out how to remove it.

Begin wrapping your jute string around the top or bottom of the bottle where the sticky residue is and continue wrapping and pushing down each layer so your rope is kinda like a solid piece. Using the residue glue, helps keep your rope in a fairly even line. When you reach the bottom or top, you just cut the jute, hot glue your loose ends down, and you’ve got a pretty boho looking vase. You can stop there if you like the look or you can grab your hot glue gun once again, (not by the metal tip)😂😂😂, and start adding additional layers of rope or jute to embellish your vase.

Using just a simple jute wrap

If you want to get more crafty at this point, you’re now ready. You will need your trusty glue gun and some scissors for additional rope embellishing.

Using a thicker sisal rope

I applied about an inch line of hot glue to the area I wanted to add more interest to. So I glued some thicker sisal rope that was laying on the floor in my craft room. AKA “ the kitchen floor” that I’d just removed from another project I refurbished. (That’s a story for another day.) Anyway, I hadn’t yet burnt myself with my glue gun, so I figured why not go ahead and see if I could remain burn blister free, and added some more rope to my vase.

Helpful hint>>>>>If you use your scissors to hold the rope down until the hot glue cools, you save your delicate, crafting hands from being inadvertently hot glued

Here she is after my scraps of rope had been put to good use and glued on to my boho vase. Next, fill ‘er up with some water, add some garden flowers, and you’ve got a fun little vase to show off to boot.

So you go from a KEVITA Kombucha drink to a boho vase in about 15 minutes. PS, using the label glue residue to hold your rope in place is very forgiving if you decide to move your rope wrap up or down a little. You can always add a dab of hot glue along the way for extra security of holding on your jute-rope. For thicker ropes or strings, you will need to use hot glue for attaching it as the residue glue isn’t strong enough.

Here she is for her solo performance. I hope you enjoyed this project.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home