Make a Rustically Cool Coffee-themed Shelf... for Compact Spaces!

$29

If you don't have a lot of horizontal space, going up the wall can double up your room instantly!

However with such limited wall space period, I wanted to come up with a compact solution...

Gathering up some reclaimed wood planks, here's an easy, clever and affordable way to create extra storage space that's cute too!

You're gonna love this one...

Preparing the planks

5 6" x 16" reclaimed wood cedar planks were cut to the desired shelf width.

Two wood triangle shelf supports were created by cutting the same sized planks at 45 degree angles.

Cheap brackets or what! Works great!

Assembling the shelf

A Kreg Jig was used to join all four planks together from the back.

However you can also join all the boards by attaching two support boards from the back.

What is a Kreg Jig?

A Kreg Jig is a tool that helps you create pocket holes so you can join wood. It's so easy to use, makes very strong holds and you'll find you pick it up constantly if you love to build projects!

My jig is a K4 model which clamps the wood into place. I adore it!

How to use a jig:

1. Dry-fit your project.
  2. Flip boards good face down.
  3. Insert wood into jig, clamp into place, and drill pocket holes wherever you wish to attach the boards.

View a video on how to use a Kreg Jig HERE

(located at the bottom of any of those posts)

Stenciling the sign

I desired to theme my little shelf with a coffee-theme! Using this National Brewers Coffee - Small stencil, I stenciled the image in black on the first 2 planks.

How to stencil:

1. Position stencil into place.
  2. Secure with masking tape.
  3. Load stencil brush, then remove most paint to create a dry-brush.
  4. Tap or swirl brush through stencil to create the desired effect.
Attaching the shelf

Position where you desire the shelf and shelf supports to go, pre-drill holes, then attach together with screws.

My shelf was positioned one plank below the coffee sign so the coffee gear didn't obstruct the design.

Then add additional hooks below for even more storage hanging space!

Other shelf uses

Isn't it the cutest?

This little shelf is perfect for a compact coffee station, totally freeing up your kitchen counter space!

Other ways to use this shelf:

• a phone station
  • art supplies
  • tools
  • crafts
  • bathroom for toilet paper and towels

and more!

All I know is, coffee time just got a whole lot more fun, thanks to this rustically cool coffee-themed shelf... for compact spaces!

But I have to admit, I need another one for a mini tool station downstairs. I guess I'd better build another!

How would you use this shelf? Think you'll make one?

Want MORE details?

Click HERE to learn more on this shelf build plus many other unique reclaimed wood sign projects to make!

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Sissy
    Sissy

very cute but do you know your coffee stays fresher in the fridge and tastes better .Look on ebay the stencils are much cheaper . I hate not buying local but when you can't find it ,last resort is ebay . I bought one similar but it was for tea since my sister is a tea fanatic , cost for stencil with free shipping was 3.99

• Eli
      Eli

I hope that some day we can all look past the 'cost' of items and instead support small businesses that provide most quality work and service.

• Sissy
    Sissy

I only have 1 craft store here and it is 30 miles away . I buy local most of the time but only craft store here is hobby lobby and they carry very few stencils . So ebay is my last resort . I look them up online and never can find what I want but there is a lady from NC that makes stencils and sells them on ebay so I feel great about buying from her ,she is almost local for me but she does not have a store only sells on ebay . 60 miles or so by the NC county she lives in . I usually get them 2 days at the most by ordering from her .