Blue Beauty Furniture Makeover

$50

I gave this ornate chest of drawers a makeover with just a little paint and some love.

Taking old furniture and completely transforming it is something I’m very passionate about. I literally am giving the dated piece a new life and possibly saving them from landfills.

Before

I thrifted this chest of drawers and I gave it a good cleaning with Krud Kutter and rinsed it off.

I then scuff sanded the areas I could and removed the hardware. Scuff sanding is a quick 5-15 process where you just give the piece some tooth for the paint to adhere to.

I always have chalk paints on hand so I custom mixed a few to get this pretty blueish green.

I used a Zibra brush to hand paint the piece. Painting is very therapeutic for me and brushing is so satisfying. It will take two coats of paint.

Now once it was fully painted this is where the most fun begins. I love to add other complimentary colors to really give the piece a weathered, unique look.

On this one I used some mustard, white and a dark blue. I added colors here and there around the ornate details mostly and layered and blended them.

Lastly I sealed the piece with clear wax and shined up the hardware with barkeepers friend.

It’s amazing what paint can do.

Can you guess it’s even the same piece as the before?

Follow me on Instagram for painting videos if you like!

Inatagram.com/pickedandposhed

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

• Judy
    Judy

Love it!! I’ve thought about using chalk paint but haven’t tried it. Will you have to continue to use wax on this? That’s what has kept me from using chalk paint.