Painted Flower Pot Wreath

$20

An inexpensive DIY wreath made with mostly dollar store supplies, this flower pot wreath adds so much French farmhouse cottage charm. I have so many spring DIYs and decor ideas at DIY Beautify, I would love to have you stop by!

There are a lot of flower pot wreaths out there, but this one is made with aged and painted pots. I love the charm it adds!

Start by painting pots with a mixture of baking powder and white paint for a chunky texture. Make sure not to paint it perfectly, you want a little terracotta to show through in areas for when we age them.

Once the paint dries, dab on some dark wax in spots and lightly rub into the pot. Easy peasy, this step adds instant age!

Now it's time to create the wreath, using a grapevine wreath form as a base. Run twine or wire through the hole of each pot and tie it onto the wreath. Make sure your pots are all facing different directions. This adds interest and lets you get a full look.

Now it's time to add some color. Insert Styrofoam balls into the pots that will hold flowers or succulents. No glue is needed if it's a snug fit. You could also cut up a foam block into smaller pieces and use those.

Cut flower stems down to size and insert into the foam.

Fill in around the base of each one with reindeer moss and Spanish moss.

That's all there is to it! Hang up your beautiful wreath and enjoy! Please visit my blog post linked below for more pictures, a supplies list and complete step by step instructions! Click here to see all my Spring DIYs and decor ideas.

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
CINDY DIY Beautify

• Lillyrose
    Lillyrose

Why do you not show the entire finished project?

• Hope
      Hope

Yep...I was wondering the same thing Lillyrose.

I guess now we know. : )

• Its so gorgeous and so charming.

• Jeanb3125
    Jeanb3125
    10 hours ago

I love this and am sure we will do it at some point this spring. I, however, would rather try using plastic pots, but don't even know if you can find small ones such as these. If anyone knows please respond. Thanks. GREAT JOB, CINDY.

• Jeanb3125
      Jeanb3125
      Just now

Great idea Cindy, thanks. We have a Dollar Tree not too far from us.

Keep up the great crafting and these wonderful ideas.

Jean Brown