Vintage Plate Wreath for the Wall

$10

Use your vintage plates to create a gorgeous wall wreath! I'm Cindy and I blog at DIY Beautify where I share hundreds of budget friendly DIYs and home decor ideas! I'd love to have you stop by!

I love vintage dishes, especially blue and white ones and have collected quite a few over the years. I decided to get them out of the china hutch and up on the wall where I could enjoy them on a daily basis!

I hung my wreath inside a large open frame. To make it easier, I cut a piece of foamboard to the size of my frame and planned out my wreath on a flat surface.

I wanted my plate wreath to be easy to remove, and with minimal holes in the wall, so I decided to do it as simply as possible without any overlapping plates.

I used plate hangers and small nails to hang the plates on my wall. Make sure to purchase the right size plate hangers for the plates you will use. I used lunch plate size for my vintage dishes.

Find the center top of where you want your wreath to hang and hammer a nail into the wall. Hang the plate and then do the bottom and sides before filling in with the rest of the plates.

I hung a small greenery wreath in the center of my vintage plate wreath because it needed something. The wreath fills up the space nicely and I love how the green makes the vintage blue and white dishes pop! I did have some challenges with this wreath, you can read about them, as see how I solved them, by clicking on the link to my blog below.

15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
CINDY DIY Beautify

• Mindy
    Mindy

Love those plates. What a nice way to display them🌷

• Country girl
    Country girl

Everything with the plates was perfect,until you stuck that wreath in the center which broke the cemetery. A couple more plates would have been better. I see a lot of perfectly good projects ruined by including a wreath.

• I disagree as well!

I understand what CG is saying about wreaths at a cemetery. Sometimes that is overdone.

BUT, for this project, I think the green highlights the blue beautifully, and the symmetry is perfect. More plates would have just been tacky. I have seen many repurposed plate projects. THIS is the only one I love!!! ❤️❤️❤️