Floral Nightstand Makeover

$40

My sister just moved in to a new house and her daughter is getting some new furniture. So naturally I step in. She's very feminine and whimsical so I had some ideas.

I found this beautifully detailed nightstand listed for free on Facebook marketplace. I started the project by giving in a good cleaning and sanding with 100 grit working up to 220.

I went through and filled in all of the holes and dings and the original pull hole with quick drying wood filler. I knew I was going to be painting so this does not need to be stain able.

This step is probably the most important step to make this project look clean and finished. Sand, sand, sand those filler spots smooth! Recruiting help is highly recommended ;)

This isn't exactly my go to primer, but I had it around and I don't know what else I would use it for. The weather was nice, so I decided that this will do just fine for priming.

Spray it on evenly. I laid a tarp down to protect my driveway. You could do this in the grass, but wouldn't guarantee entire coverage on the legs.

A little bit of pink and white paint. Some distressing. Some floral transfers and we have ourselves an adorable little side table. This one particularly calls home to a little girl that I call my niece :)

Sealed with poly for long lasting beauty :)

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Amanda

• MJ
    MJ

Just a thought. . . since the white scroll molding below the drawer somewhat mimics the drawer handle design, it might really stand out if it was highlighted with antique gold Rub'n'Buff, or some similar gold finish.

• Amanda
      Amanda

That would be a beautiful and simple alteration! Thanks 😊

• HeidiKay
    HeidiKay

Gorgeous! Where do you find floral transfers?