DIY Textile Art

$0

I wanted to change up the art on our photo ledges but didn't want to spend a lot of money. This brought about another free DIY art piece! I made this textile piece with an extra pillow case and some paint.

What you'll need:

Fabric (I used an old pillow case)

Paint

Picture frame

Step 1: Cut fabric to size

First, I cut up the pillow case to the correct size. I crumpled up the fabric and frayed the edges a bit to give it more texture.

Step 2: Add paint

Next, I added some paint blobs, and folded the fabric in half to make a kind of "ink blot" piece. I repeated this a few times until I liked how it looked.

You can get creative here! Add different colors and fold in different ways if you'd like. I kept it simple with black paint, and only folding one way. I did, however, fold it in thirds a few times, to mix it up.

Step 3: Frame it

Once the paint dried, I added it to a frame.

It now looks like a high end piece, and it adds some nice interest and texture to our photo ledges. Can't beat that for $0!

Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?

• Janice
    Janice

Love it! And just shows that creativity and working with what you have can result in very attractive pieces and beautiful decor. Thanks for the inspiration!