A Tisket, A Tasket, A Green And Yellow Basket

3 materials
$20

Time for something fresh that feels like spring for my front door!

It wasn’t exactly green and yellow but I still didn’t love the color of it.

What I did love was the shape though and I haven’t met a color I couldn’t change.

A little white paint dry-brushed on and I liked it much better.

Next I put some of the dry oasis for artificial flowers into the basket and made sure it would stay in place with a little hot glue.

I was picturing a very simple and sort of wild look so I chose some flowers and greenery that had this feel to them while still being appropriate for spring.

First I cut the tallest florals and arranged them in the back. I put some of the filler nearer to the front to cover the oasis.

Finally I placed the accent flowers in here and there.

And hung it on the door. I decided that I wanted it to hang just a little lower so I grabbed some lace and used it to hang the basket.

And then I just sort of kept going since I was on a roll and I gave my front door area a little makeover.

I like this a lot better than if it was a green and yellow basket, don’t you?

Until next time…

Deprecated

: Directive 'allow_url_include' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0

Tara @ Stilettos and Shiplap

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

3 of 8 comments
Next