Supplies needed to make faux leather curtain tassels:
- Rotary Cutter or Scissors
- Cutting mat (if using rotary cutter)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread color
- Sewing machine needle specifically for sewing vinyl
- Faux leather of your choice
I really wanted the tassels to mimic the tassels you find on a pair of good leather men’s shoes. I decided to make my fringe width a little wider for more impact – these tassels will hang at the top of the curtains and are meant to be seen from across the room.
I started with marking out and cutting a rectangle of my faux leather. My rectangle measurements were 10 inches by 24 inches. I cut two of these rectangles (1 per set of tassels).