DIY Budget Spring Wreath

$20

Don't spend a fortune on a new Spring wreath, make one yourself! I'm sharing two gorgeous wreaths I made from one grapevine form. I'm Cindy and I'm addicted to DIY  You can find hundreds of thrifty decorating ideas on my blog at diybeautify.com.

Let's make a beautiful Spring wreath!

I used a variety of faux flowers and greenery that I got on deep discount at Michaels. I didn't use any hot glue on my wreaths, so that I can reuse the supplies in the future if I want to. These wreaths are made to hang indoors; if you want to make them sturdy for outdoors, you will definitely want to use hot glue and wire to attach the stems securely.

After dividing my grapevine wreath into smaller ones (you can find out WHY and HOW I do that by watching this short video), I made two grapevine forms in custom sizes for my Spring wreaths. This one I painted with a little white spray paint.

This one I wrapped with a eucalyptus garland. For the purposes of keeping this tutorial a manageable size, the wreath tutorial I'll be sharing below will be the one made on the white grapevine. I will however, show both completed wreaths below. Please note that the tutorial is the same for both, I just used a few different flowers and items.

Before anything gets attached to the grapevine base, I like to experiment with flower placement to get an idea of how I want the wreath to look.

After that, I trim all my stems down to a couple inches.

Next, I start with the main florals (largest flowers). I poke the stem through the grapevine, then bend it and poke it through again to hold it in place. I like to place the flowers as close as possible so there are no gaps between them.

Look how pretty it looks already! I could totally stop here and have a beautiful wreath.

Next I add the complementary florals, tucking in the stems so they're hiding underneath the larger flowers. I use a little wire to attach the stems that want to poke out.

I keep working my way around the wreath, adding flowers. This wreath was symmetrical on each side.

Finally I added a few small wood slices because I like the contrast. I did hot glue these as there was no other way to attach them.

For this wreath, I kept the decorative elements on the bottom and used a polka dot ribbon to hang it.

Here is the other wreath I made in the same way, although it's more asymmetrical. All the flowers are simply tucked into the grapevine.

I was fortunate to buy all my flowers on sale and made BOTH Spring wreaths for around $45!! The wreath above is huge!

I hope this tutorial is helpful and saves you a lot of money. You can visit my blog post below for a complete supplies list and links to the specific florals I used.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Memorial Day Crafts
CINDY DIY Beautify

• Leslie
    Leslie

Very nice thank you for sharing. I would like to add that if anyone lives in an area that grows wild grapes you can easily cut and shape the vines into wreaths. You can harvest the vines spring summer and fall. If you live in an area that has snow in the winter it would be hard to harvest the vines. If you happen to let them to dry out you can put them in a tub of hot water to soften and then form the vines in any shape you want :)

• CINDY DIY Beautify
    CINDY DIY Beautify

Thanks Leslie, I would love to make my own grapevine wreaths! We used to live in Oregon and grew grapes, but now we're in Texas. Great tip though!