Learn how to make a lavender shower steamers recipe without citric acid. These easy aromatherapy shower steamers can be made with lavender essential oil or a lavender essential oil blend to help relieve stress and calm your mind. Discover how to make lavender shower steamers. Plus find recipes for lavender essential oil blends you can use to create these homemade shower bombs.
How to Make Lavender Shower Steamers Without Citric Acid
Showers are more than just a task to clean my body. As I’m not big on baths, my time in the shower doubles as self care. I spend extra time taking care of body as well as relaxing my mind and body before I start my day.
To make this time even better, I also like to use aromatherapy shower steamers with essential oil blends. I choose different essential oil blends based on my different needs from day to day. However, relaxing essential oil blends seem to be my jam. Therefore I created easy DIY shower steamers without citric acid to fulfill the task.
This essential oil shower steamers recipe is easier to make than bath bombs. As they are made without citric acid, I don’t have to worry about accidentally activating them when I’m making them. My other shower steamers recipe with Epsom salt is similar to this recipe. I used a rose essential oil blend to make my previous aromatherapy shower steamers recipe.
For this recipe, however, I make my aromatherapy shower steamers using a lavender essential oil blend. Like other essential oils, these blends have aromatherapeutic properties. Lavender, in particular, is a great choice if you need to calm your mind, soothe your nerves, or just relax before a big meeting at work.
Lavender essential oil does more than just soothe the senses, however. Here are some of the benefits of lavender essential oil you can enjoy from essential oil shower steamers:
- Lavender essential oil can help to relieve anxiety. According to a study, aromatherapy is an affordable therapeutic option for anxiety and anxiety related conditions.
- Aromatherapy is helpful for those suffering from insomnia. Lavender essential oil, in particular, helps to promote sleep and improve overall quality of sleep.
- Inhaling lavender essential oil can have a soothing and calming effect on the nervous system. This helps not only with anxiety, but also aids in relieving depression and stress, as well as fatigue.
- If you suffer from nausea, lavender may also help to ease symptoms.Lavender essential oil may help relieve headaches when inhaled.
You can find lavender essential oil blends here you that you can either buy for these lavender shower bombs along with recipes for making your own essential oil blends. (I also link to suppliers.)
These are the ingredients you need to make lavender essential oil shower steamers:
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup Baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lavender hydrosol
- 100 drops/5 mL lavender essential oil (or blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon purple mica powder, optional
- Dried lavender flowers, to suit
These are the tools needed to make aromatherapy shower tablets:
- Small round silicone mold
- Glass bowls
- Utensils, such as a whisk, fork or spoon
- Measuring cups and spoon
- Glass dropper or graduated transfer pipette
- Nitrile gloves, optional
Here is how to make DIY lavender shower steamers without citric acid:
- Measure out the baking soda and Epsom salt. Combine a large glass bowl. Then mix well.
- Measure out the mica powder, then add to the baking soda and Epsom salt mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Measure out the lavender hydrosol into a small bowl
- Add the essential oil to the hydrosol, then stir to mix.
- Pour the liquid mixture into dry mixture, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the shower bomb mixture forms a paste like mixture.
- Add a few lavender flowers to the bottom of 9 cavities of the silicone mold.
- Evenly spoon the lavender shower steamers mixture into the cavities with the flowers.
- Press the mixture firmly down into each of the cavities of the mold.
- Allow the steamers to set for about 24 hours, or until fully hardened.
- Carefully remove the lavender essential oil shower steamers from the mold. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Resources for this project:See all materials
Karen Lee 5 days ago
Agree with Bernie. The ingredients list is lacking the amount of mica powder. Would appreciate knowing this, and, if there is a different ingredient that can be substituted for the mica powder. Thank you for the otherwise wonderful project.