DIY Yellow Tulip Wreath for Spring

$30

Add cheerful and whimsical charm to your front door this Spring with a yellow tulip wreath. Save some money and have fun along the way, by following this step-by-step video to create your own DIY Yellow Tulip Wreath.

Happy Spring, friends! If you have been here for a while you may know that I love making wreaths. I love the welcoming tone they set for guests and homeowners alike, and I also love how inexpensive they are to make versus buy. With Spring in full bloom, today I thought I would combine my love for making wreaths with one of my favorite Springtime flowers to create a whimsical and cheerful Tulip Wreath.

For today’s tulip wreath I wanted to create something that was a little whimsical and cheerful. The end result is a very messy and happy tulip wreath that reminds me of the natural movement of flowers.

The beauty in this project is that it only requires a couple of items, and is a wonderful transitional wreath to put up in between Easter and Summer decorations.

For your convenience, I created a step-by-step video so you can see how I put the wreath together. Then continue below to follow the step-by-step images to make your own DIY Yellow Tulip Wreath for Spring.

Enjoy the video then follow along for the step-by-step tutorial to make your own tulip wreath!

To make your own tulip wreath, you will need:

• Faux Tulip Bunches. (affiliate link) I used 6 bunches for my 14 inch wreath.
  • 14 Inch Wire Wreath Form
  • Clear Zip Ties. I used 18 zip ties for my wreath.
  • Beacon's Power-Tac (affiliate link)

Step 1: Bend the faux tulip bunch to match the natural circular movement of the wreath form.

Step 2: Attach the tulip bunch to the wreath with a zip tie.

Step 3: Trim the zip tie with scissors.

*For added stability, I recommend adding 3 zip ties to each tulip bunch. One just below the leaves, one near the blooms, and one at the bottom of the stem.

Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 until you add enough tulip bunches to cover the wreath. For the 14 inch wreath, I used 6 tulip bunches and 18 zip ties.

Overlap the flowers from one tulip bunch on top of the stems of the nearest tulip bunch so the entire wreath is covered.

Step 5: Now it is time to fine tune.

Make adjustments to the placement of the tulips by securing the tulips with Beacon’s Power-Tac to the wreath and to each other.

Step 6: You can create a wreath hanger with a zip tie on the back of the wreath form, or you can use the exposed wire on the back to act as a wreath hanger like I did.

Step 7: Enjoy your cheerful and custom tulip wreath this Spring!

I love the pop of color that this wreath brings to my farmhouse! I hope you enjoy yours just as much!

I believe crafting is more fun when we share our projects. Please email me at elizabeth@countrypeony.com, or please tag me @thecountrypeony to show me your beautiful, custom creations!

Thank you so much for following along!

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Elizabeth at Country Peony

• Cindy Rubin
    Cindy Rubin

I LOVE door wreaths as you do! I would change them out monthly if I could but........ I cannot figure out how to keep birds away. Birds always try to nest in my wreaths - I probably wouldn't mind except they get very territorial. I open my door and some fly off, flapping in my face and it's kind of maddening (and scary ).

Do you have this problem; how do you deal with it?

• Joan
    Joan

It is beautiful. Amazon is showing scads of tulip bunches. Which ones did you use and if you are not allowed to "promote", how much did this wreath cost you to make? Thanks.

• Elizabeth at Country Peony
      Elizabeth at Country Peony

Thank you Joan, and Jeanne. I did spend about $30 on this wreath. I purchased the tulips from Hobby Lobby about two years ago. They were the most expensive part. However, here is an affiliate link for some very similar and nice ones from Michael's: https://rstyle.me/+W25mZIgPHKry-QZDfFU7iw

The wire wreath form was $1 from Dollar Tree. But, Michael's also has some options too.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Elizabeth

• Marcia
    Marcia

I did it!!!! I am the least crafty person but did try your wreath. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I am going to make wreaths for birthdays and Christmas now. My friends and I are at an age when we have to get creative with our gifts(we're dumping things). This is something they can put up, take down when the season changes and then put back up. I am so thrilled with it. Thanks, again!!!

• Elizabeth at Country Peony
      Elizabeth at Country Peony

Marcia! It is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. I am so happy you have the wreath-making bug. I can't wait to see what else you create.

• Marcia
    Marcia

Thanks for the inspiration!! I am now making wreaths for birthdays (picture on the left) and Christmas (picture on the right) .