Rustic Hanging Pot Rack

$10

To help with storage for our country cabin kitchen, I decided to make a hanging pot rack to match my stools (https://www.hometalk.com/44393073/rustic-stool-for-kitchen-island)

I made a quick sketch of what I wanted.

Here is a picture of the kitchen with one of the stools.

I found this extra grill from my previous oven that would work perfect.

All I had to do now was to find the wood and make a frame.

I found these two by two's and cut them to make the frame around the grill, taking into consideration the groove I needed to make for the grill to sit on.

I used a biscuit plate jointer to make the groove because honestly, I don't know how to use the router  .

I placed the two by two between some other pieces and found other pieces of wood to make the desired height of where I wanted the machine to make the groove. It worked out perfect.

You just press to let the blade go in and you slide it across creating a groove.

Then, I inserted the grill and cut the side pieces to glue and nail to the frame.

Once it was all cut to size, I stained it lightly.

Using clamps, I glued the pieces together and screwed the corners.

Then I proceeded to paint the decorative "wooden clavos" which I got from Amazon. I painted them black and then brushed some metallic copper paint to make them look like real clavos.

I used a hot glue gun to glue them but then used a nail gun to secure them.

After it was done, I took it to the country cabin and drilled holes on the corners to put the hooks.

After all four hooks where screwed in, I marked the ceiling by using my eyeliner on the tip of each hook so that when you pressed against the ceiling, it would leave a mark and it worked. But I don't have pictures of any of that  , sorry. I was too excited to hang it that I forgot.

And voila! it was finally up but, I didn't have enough S-hooks to hang the other pots and I realized that it was too high and that I would need some short chains to bring it down some. But I will do that next time I go. For now, that's it.

As you can see, the pot rack needs to be lowered. But I am happy with how it turned out and how practical it will be.

Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home

• Charmaine
    Charmaine

I love a good pot rack!! Great repurposing!!

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

Pot rack, head bands fabric this adorable upcucle will work for a lot of things. Sweater drier you name it, its great thank you for sharing. Awesome job.