Asked on Apr 14, 2021

How to redo a round plant stand that has marble top and wood legs?

Chloe CrabtreeLibbie BCarrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+9

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. Would you consider a paint project? Please consider popping by this bloggers website for her wonderful accessories and furniture chalk painted rehabs. She details useful repair products, techniques and has a nice result. Many items are from the thrift store or furniture pieces donated to her are given a glorious new life.

From the link below -You will see an overwhelming library of her chalk painted products as well as go to her YouTube channel to see the demonstrations of the chalk painting.

https://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com/diy-gallery/

Her preferred paint products

https://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com/dixie-belle-product-reference-guide/

• If the marble is in good condition, I'd leave it alone. The legs can either be stripped and stained or painted.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

To care for your marble top, just plain soap and water is best, anything acidic will harm it. For the wood base, if it is in good condition a light cleaning would be good, I use Orange Glo, you can find this at diy stores and stores like Walmart. For a heavier cleaning , use Murphy's Oil soap and follow the bottle directions. That maybe all the plant stand needs to look nice. If it has dents and areas where the finish is damaged, sand, prime, and stain or paint.

• Mogie
    Mogie

If the marble is in good condition just clean it up and then paint or stain the legs. The color and exact finish you choose depends on your color scheme and style.

• Maura White
    Maura White

I would clean the marble with just soapy water. And in terms of "redo" - do you want to paint the legs? Do you want to strip the legs and re-stain? If you want to paint, you will want to sand or you can use a product like I used when I painted my cabinets so I didn't have to sand: https://happydealhappyday.com/how-to-paint-kitchen-cabinets-without-sanding/

• Dee
    Dee

Do not use anything acidic on the marble, it will etch the top. But clean and polish. You could buy marble polish or a good auto polish will work wonders. Take the legs off the table Lightly sand so you get a grip for paint or stain. You can use stain or paint, or even spray paint the legs wit Rustoleum. If you spray paint you will have no drips and they will look great.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! Do you want to continue using it as a table for plants or were you looking for a new use? As is, the others are right that a good cleaning can make a huge difference! A new color or finish will give the base a fresh new look. Is the marble in good shape? Is it real? Real marble needs to be kept clean and sealed. If it isn't real marble, a new finish can spruce it up! Think about the colors and finishes you like and go from there! Good luck!

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Shelia, you could paint with chalk paint in any color, or try to sand them down and use a nice tung oil to let the natural wood show through. I think a nice pastel chalk paint blue, pink, peach, green or white would compliment the marble.

• Simple Nature Decor
    Simple Nature Decor

You can paint the legs

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
    Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Here is a marble plant stand where they painted the legs black, which gives it a nice modern look. I would just clean the marble and keep it as is.

• Libbie B
    Libbie B

I love the idea of metallic paint on the legs.

• Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree

I like the ones where they dip the legs in paint, like in white paint for a modern look.