What color of paint should I choose?

+15

Hello Hometalk friends, please help me to choose a paint color for my home. There are several gray colors already on the block and I wanted my house to really look beautiful. Also, other suggestions for this house will be appreciated. Thank you so much...

q what color of paint should i choose
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Apr 18, 2021

What the exterior presently lacks is contrast. The windows look flat and sink back into the house even though they are the charming sash style.

Below are pictures of other homes a similar age to yours showing how by adding shutters and paint color that contrasts the main color, the house can look very attractive. As your roof is green, I have chosen examples with color schemes that would be complementary.

• Debbie Debbie on Apr 18, 2021

Blueish gray

• Linda Vee Linda Vee on Apr 18, 2021

I think I'd go with a creamy white paint and a dark loden green trim. The addition of shutters would be perfect and maybe a bright yellow front door. Have fun with it.

• Michelle Michelle on Apr 18, 2021

Yes after looking at the updated picture... the white with the dark green trim /shutters

• Annie Annie on Apr 18, 2021

It looks like you have lap siding.... You could go with a wood color paint, and a dark gray/charcoal trim. Prune down the shrubs, perhaps remove a couple and put some flowers in.. Pressure wash the concrete walkway, and make a plant free gravel boarder with some solar lights

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 18, 2021

Hi Kim: When confronted with this question, I always suggest that the person take a picture of the house and make a bunch of copies. Then, colour, paint or use coloured pencils to colour the house in different colours to see which you like best. Not only is this fun, but it's easier than painting and deciding you hate the colour :) Ask your friends and family to help. Don't be surprised at the silly things they come up with :) I think a few shutters would look nice too.

Good luck

• Janice Janice on Apr 18, 2021

What a cute home! I suggest a warm white and add shutters in a color similar or a little darker than our roof color. A darker green or even black door would add some sophistication if that's a look you're going for.

• White with grey paint

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Apr 19, 2021

Why not go with a crisp white and add some shutters, maybe in a pale blue and add a navy blue door or navy blue shutters and trim and a bright yellow door?

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Apr 19, 2021

Hello. Have you reviewed the many replies in the other posts to this precise question? You can interact and discuss options and suggestions there. There is no need to keep posting the same question. Please consider looking back at all the replies you have received and see-if theres valuable and helpful suggestions.

• Dee Dee on Apr 19, 2021

Forrest green and Yellow would look great.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Apr 19, 2021

Folks, please read the entire question first before responding.

Kimadrian said that as there are already several grey houses on the block, they are wanting suggestions on other colors.

• Biteofreality Biteofreality on May 24, 2021

Hello , When i first saw your home I thought a really pretty blue would look great but on a second look if your roof is green already then the white and green home pictured also looks wonderful . Have you considered extending the front porch the length of the front ? I just find with the current shrubs and porch location the house draws the focus to that side .

• Em Em on May 24, 2021

You will find that every person will pick THEIR favorite color. Pick what you like. How could we know what appeals to you? If you want a safe pick stay with neutrals, like tan, grey or white. Add shutters and that will make your house look "dressed". You can add a bit of color there. White with any color shutter, tan with black shutters, grey with burgundy or dark green to go with roof.

• Beverly McEuen Beverly McEuen on May 25, 2021

Greenish gray.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Jun 23, 2021

What about navy with white trim?